Social Combat

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Foxwarrior
Duke

Post by Foxwarrior »

virgil wrote:Not sure about any possible inspiration from the following social combat system...http://www.dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Social_Com ... iant_Rule)
...and then I read it with actual effort and find the whole thing broken on first principle.
Well then, you should give it an Oppose as soon as possible.
Dean
Duke

Post by Dean »

I would read all that Sufficiently Advanced business if it was supposed to be good or at least innovative. Is it either of those things?
DSMatticus wrote:Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. I am filled with an unfathomable hatred.
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

deanruel87 wrote:I would read all that Sufficiently Advanced business if it was supposed to be good or at least innovative. Is it either of those things?
I dunno.

I've only played it with one GM, and AFAICT, that GM is the kind of GM who can make anything awesome, so while I certainly enjoyed it, I have no particular reason to believe that constitutes a representative sample for your games.

Reading the book was fun even on my own, though, so I think you should do that.
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

Foxwarrior wrote:
virgil wrote:Not sure about any possible inspiration from the following social combat system...http://www.dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Social_Com ... iant_Rule)
...and then I read it with actual effort and find the whole thing broken on first principle.
Well then, you should give it an Oppose as soon as possible.
What is an Oppose?
deanruel87 wrote:I would read all that Sufficiently Advanced business if it was supposed to be good or at least innovative. Is it either of those things?
It's Eclipse Phase before Eclipse Phase existed, and its timeline better accepts the cultural drift.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!