Hello new user here!

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

rredmond
NPC

Hello new user here!

Post by rredmond »

Howdy folks, I found you through a link about Dave Arneson's passing.
I couldn't see a post that details what these forums were about, so I figured I'd ask.
I thought "Dave Arneson? That's a place for me!" but them I'm not sure by touring the forums. Maybe it's a newer edition place? But it definitely looks as if you have some feisty posters. :biggrin:

Anyway, I'm Ron, I'm somewhat addicted to AD&D 1E, I play by post mainly at www.unseenservant.us and I help out with & Magazine, www.and-mag.com

So yeah, mainly old school credentials. :cool:

Hope all is well, and hope to be interacting with folks soon!

--Ron--
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE
ALWAYS FREE !
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Howdy Ron.

3rd edition is probably most popular locally, but it gets beaten up plenty too. There's even a large minority who don't seem to have ever played DnD. Mostly, around here folks are interested in talking about how to make a game mechanically good. Just about everyone has a fantasy heartbreaker that they've started, and most of the rest usually at least chip in the occasional system or class.

You'll do just fine around here, as long as you're willing to argue your points, and don't take it too hard when the language gets colorful.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
rredmond
NPC

Post by rredmond »

Heh, I've seen some pretty colorful "discussions" already! :)
I'll have to tool around a bit.

Thanks!
--Ron--
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE
ALWAYS FREE !
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

from what i gathered over my torture time here, it is the old CharOps boards from WotC, with more people that didnt worship WotC, now with new people that DO worship WotC.

supposedly a forum about any sort of games, except they love to take out all their daily anger mostly on TSR editions of D&D.

also there are some actual ideas to "fix" D&D of all editions buried in the centroid of the mechanism. depending of course on what you think is broken, there will be 30 people telling you you are wrong to feel and think that way and give 100 reason why it isnt, and a few people that agree might speak up and help you fix something you cannot make work for yourself or group.

so basically, just another internet forum, but without a heavy word filter and self-moderating for the most part.

just think of it as a tavern in Waterdeep or Greyhawk or Blackmoor where any and everything could turn up, and you have pretty much understood TGD at that point, the good and the bad.
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

protip : Don't feed the trolls.

DeadDMWalking has that set as his holy mission.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

from what i gathered over my torture time here
Then why do you stay? This is a 100% serious question that has bothered me (with various regulars) for nigh on a decade: If we're such irredeemably horrible people who have it all wrong, why do you keep posting and e-hanging around?

silva, feel free to chime in.

Game On,
fbmf
violence in the media
Duke

Post by violence in the media »

fbmf wrote:
from what i gathered over my torture time here
Then why do you stay? This is a 100% serious question that has bothered me (with various regulars) for nigh on a decade: If we're such irredeemably horrible people who have it all wrong, why do you keep posting and e-hanging around?

silva, feel free to chime in.

Game On,
fbmf
They see themselves as missionaries trying to bring the Word to the heathens?
Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I could honestly see them finding it hilarious. I mean, I haven't read 99% of the books that have OSSR's, but they have the greatest ratio to word count ---> laughing so hard I'm crying of basically anywhere on the internet. It's pretty much 85% of why I stick around.