GOG Giveaway: Hero of the Kingdom II 72 hours

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

Leress wrote:They are really trying to get people get to play the Witcher.
They are trying to get more people to sign up and buy games on GOG. The Witcher is just the easiest game to negotiate a giveaway for.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

http://www.gog.com/promo/activision_wee ... omo_081113

Activate Autumn

60% off a lot of games including Arcanum
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Archmage Joda
Knight

Post by Archmage Joda »

Speaking of the games on sale there, how is Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption? I got Bloodlines during a steam sale and like it, but I dunno about this one.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Redemption is a solidly mediocre game I mostly enjoyed when I was young and stupid. I have no idea how it's withstood the passage of time, but it's no Bloodlines, that's for sure.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

http://www.gog.com/news/special_promo_f ... mnia_promo

Fall Insomnia Promo

Heavily discounted game for a limited amount of time. Also Wasteland 1 was put on GOG. I got mine for free since I pre-ordered Wasteland 2.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
]
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

http://www.gog.com/promo/black_friday_w ... omo_291113

Black Friday Sale, a lot of games are 70% off, including Guilty Gear, Alone in the Dark, and Tex Murphy games.
]
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

I think Accent Core is the modern game but I played a lot of Guilty Gear X2 #Remix on the Xbox and it's pretty solid.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Surgo wrote:I think Accent Core is the modern game but I played a lot of Guilty Gear X2 #Remix on the Xbox and it's pretty solid.
The newest is Accent Core Plus R with Xrd being location tested in Japan, the ones in the sale are #Reload and Isuka.
]
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series ... promo_2013

Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics are free for 48 hours.
]
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Leress wrote:http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series ... promo_2013

Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics are free for 48 hours.
And as expected:
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Topware weekend promo save 70%:

http://www.gog.com/promo/topware_weekend_promo_070214

STALKER series launch on GOG promo save 70% on all or 50% in individuals:

http://www.gog.com/promo/stalker_series ... omo_060214
]
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Last edited by Leress on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
]
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Valentine's Day (multiplayer promo) upto 90%
http://www.gog.com/promo/valentines_day_promo_140214

Hasbro Weekend promo upto 80%
http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_weekend_promo_140214

Fuck you mobile Dungeon Keeper for Free
http://www.gog.com/news/dungeon_keeper_ ... r_2_75_off
Last edited by Leress on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
]
Parthenon
Knight-Baron

Post by Parthenon »

I didn't even connect the shitty mobile game with the giveaway. Nicely done GOG.
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

Serious grab some of these before the sale ends.
less than a day left on the "multiplayer" games and over a day left on all the old dnd titles.

edit: I had no idea an Eberron game was made.
Last edited by codeGlaze on Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

As ever, I'm loving every moment of Dungeon Keeper. I haven't yet hit one of the levels that people generally accept as being hard - I think that's next level or the one after (where hero squads drop in every few minutes and the trick to success is basically "import a high-level vampire or reaper from the previous level").

I kind of wish they'd just fixed a couple of bugs (the bit where audio files for before-and-after conquering don't actually match because they're in the wrong order, a couple of the hidden levels having problems, one hidden level being inaccessible, and the "cursor goes Marxist and veers to the left" one that sometimes crops up). But even so, it's loads of fun.

I also grabbed Neverwinter Nights (+expansions) for all of a fiver. I had loads of fun with that back in 2002-ish, but... what with that being over ten years ago, my memory of it doesn't match up to what it is. I seriously can't remember what the plot was originally about, other than "something something, priests of... Helm? ...traitors are causing the plague, something Aribeth turns evil, something something Sarrukh".

And I grabbed the PRC immediately, which means there are some bugs that... might be from the PRC and might be from NWN and I'll never know. On the other hand, running about with a Dread Necromancer or Warlock is loads of fun (and that's before you use races that grant +8 to your casting stat and grant SoD effects on their own).
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

I knew a guy who was part of a team that was trying to make a wholesale revamp of NWN using ir's mods. New races, classes, better spriting and npc behavior.

NWN's moid community was some serious stuff back in the day.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

http://www.gog.com/promo/strategy_first ... omo_210214

60% off some strategy and action titles.
]
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Grabbed Sacred Gold, as I had fond memories.

My memories were lies, implanted by aboleths.

And now, between all the bugs, glitches and general badness, I've uninstalled everything from GoG. Back to not playing games!
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

So I am impatient and impulsive, but I don't stay pissed off at (most) things for very long. Reinstalled Sacred, and well...
Pros:
-The graphics for the player character are quite good, especially if you don't zoom out to maximum view
-Levels mean something: 1-2 levels is the difference between "Shit, heal, heal!" battles that you just scrape through and "HAHAHA LEAP ONTO MY SWORD WHILE YOU CAN!"
-The Combo system works well enough to be really simple and quick to use, while not actually being stupidly powerful
-So many optional quests. So so many. I love that kind of "interfere in everyone's lives"
-Some powers are really fun to use (Seraphim: LAZERZ, Circle of Swords, Bee Eff Gee. Daemon: Black Tentacles)
Cons:
-You are going to zoom all the way out because seriously, you want to see as much area as you can
-Levelling, while strong, isn't interesting. You just raise some numbers
-Everything that isn't your character doesn't look so good
-Yeah, there are some bugs with some quests
-No way of knowing where "quests I have yet to start" are, so you have to break into every single house and scour the area
-If you go to "Save Game" and then double-click on a save slot, it loads it instead of saving
-Roaming the land takes ages. Movement is kind of slow, horsies don't speed you up that much (and slow you down insofar as fighting and item-grabbing go), and the portals are few and far between.

I'll keep going. I'll reinstall NWN at some point, but I'll start with just the Diamond pack, then try to do necessary patching to reduce graphical glitches and such, and then it will be PRC time. With saving every two minutes if need be.

Grabbed Dungeon Keeper 2. Gameplay-wise it's superior, but by introducing low-grade polygon critters, they've made it worse to look at by far, and it lacks some of the charm of the previous one. But still fun, so w/e.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

http://www.gog.com/promo/classic_advent ... omo_280214

Adventure games for this weekend includes:

Broken Sword series
Tex Murphy series
Syberia series
Simon the Sorcerer
Little Big Adventure
Atlantis
Still Life

Also Waking Mars 80% off:
http://www.gog.com/game/waking_mars

Also Shadowrun Returns 25% off since the new DLC was released yesterday.
http://www.gog.com/game/shadowrun_returns
]
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Up to chapter 2 of NWN now, and I remember more from the first playthrough all those years ago. Also, I think the Touch Attack mechanics are fucked up, it appears to still use their Armour Bonus and everything.

Anyway, a few games I'm kind of interested in, I'd like any Den input:
-Temple of Elemental Evil: D&D game, based on 3E to some extent, control a party like in Baldur's Gate. Any good? Customisable? Fun?
-Seventh Legion: Team Red vs Team Blue RTS with infantry, mounted infantry, tanks and mechwarriors that look like they stepped straight out of 40k. It looks like it could be fun for a bit, is it worth the six dollars?
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Koumei wrote:-Temple of Elemental Evil: D&D game, based on 3E to some extent, control a party like in Baldur's Gate. Any good? Customisable? Fun?
Very good. It's turn-based and very faithful to 3.5 core rules, so you make your own party of five and murderize things. There's a mod pack out there that adds a bunch of content and removes some caps. But it can get tedious as fuck walking around some of the maps (like the fucking towns), because they are big and full of people and all of them have fetchquests for you, so you might very well be pushed to ragequit in basically the first map they drop you in after the introduction.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Koumei wrote: -Seventh Legion: Team Red vs Team Blue RTS with infantry, mounted infantry, tanks and mechwarriors that look like they stepped straight out of 40k. It looks like it could be fun for a bit, is it worth the six dollars?
I owned this game many years ago and it's not really worth 6 dollars. It does a couple of cool things like not having to gather resources, and the squad infiltration missions. But then there is the card system, every so often you get a card that will either give a bonus (like invisibility or phantom troop) or a penalty (slower firing and movement) they are given at random for many mission and when they are not the mission is more like puzzle with some really tight timing. Also you will need the manual to figure out exactly what the card does since there is no in-game information about the card. Also you can still get this game from Abandonia, the abandon ware site.
]
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

]