David Cage games

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Longes
Prince

David Cage games

Post by Longes »

I personally think that David Cage sucks as a game designer maker of QTE movies. He knows only one type of gameplay (QTE) and can never finish the plot he starts writing.
I can excuse Omicron, because it's so old.

In Farenheit the story began interestingly, and then SUDDENLY CYBORGS AND ILLUMINATI AND GHOSTS OH MY.

In Heavy Rain the plot threads appear and drop as they please, MC stops looking for his son to have sex with a pretty woman (who just escaped from the mad scientist's basement).

Beyond starts with a story of Ellen Page, goes to SpecOps: the Line and then goes to apocalypse and then Zoey reappears (and I hadn't even thought she is a real character)
So, yeah. Fuck David Cage, he is a horribly overrated person.
Last edited by Longes on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

He pretty much makes games that I would only watch but never buy, just to see how off the rails the story can get. I grow out of QTEs in the 90s and the only games I can think of that did them right were Berserk: Gut's Rage and D.
Last edited by Leress on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Neurosis
Duke

Re: David Cage games

Post by Neurosis »

Longes wrote:I personally think that David Cage sucks as a game designer maker of QTE movies. He knows only one type of gameplay (QTE) and can never finish the plot he starts writing.
I can excuse Omicron, because it's so old.

In Farenheit the story began interestingly, and then SUDDENLY CYBORGS AND ILLUMINATI AND GHOSTS OH MY.

In Heavy Rain the plot threads appear and drop as they please, MC stops looking for his son to have sex with a pretty woman (who just escaped from the mad scientist's basement).

Beyond starts with a story of Ellen Page, goes to SpecOps: the Line and then goes to apocalypse and then Zoey reappears (and I hadn't even thought she is a real character)
So, yeah. Fuck David Cage, he is a horribly overrated person.
Hey, at least Omikron had actual gameplay.
For a minute, I used to be "a guy" in the TTRPG "industry". Now I'm just a nobody. For the most part, it's a relief.
Trank Frollman wrote:One of the reasons we can say insightful things about stuff is that we don't have to pretend to be nice to people. By embracing active aggression, we eliminate much of the passive aggression that so paralyzes things on other gaming forums.
hogarth wrote:As the good book saith, let he who is without boners cast the first stone.
TiaC wrote:I'm not quite sure why this is an argument. (Except that Kaelik is in it, that's a good reason.)
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

Stupidest plothole of the Heavy Rain - Ethan's blackouts are the main evidence against him. The ONLY evidence against him. And they are never explained...
Blade
Knight-Baron

Post by Blade »

Omikron was a nice game. I don't remember QTE in it, just sub-standard action mini-games.