More Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Re: More Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I don't like the word "fool". "Fool" can have positive connotations. I prefer the term "drooling retard".
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1202251357[/unixtime]]PS: IMVU sucks ass. Get something platform agnostic.

Now Crissa, Mr. PC needs at least something to boast about when arguing with Mr. Mac. And that something is IMVU which ... well actually sucks ass.

Actually IMVU doesn't suck ass, well the fact that you can barely have more people in a chat room than you can have around a game table does sort of suck ass. Really it's IMVU's management. They suck big time. They make I have an Int of Zer0 seem reasonable.

Although they do support furries for avatars. :tongue:
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

...And you can pay money to Anshe Chung, as well, via IMVU.

If I'm going to have that much overhead, I might as well play Second Life.

-Crissa
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1202333221[/unixtime]]If I'm going to have that much overhead, I might as well play Second Life.

You might as well.

So how cheap is good clothing in Second Life?
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

So cheap that Anshe Chung isn't in the market.

-Crissa
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

Post by Absentminded_Wizard »

Okay, let's see if we can end this little tangent on a quasi-amicable note.

Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1202301601[/unixtime]]

For a footnote to this argument, "In 1997, Kristol and Robert Kagan cofounded the Project for the New American Century (PNAC)..." That's the group that helped W Bush get elected, and invade Iraq. The middle east domino theory was theirs.

There is no Liberal equivalent to this guy. Or many others.

Since I don't have a master list of every pundit's every prediction ever, I'll concede you may very well be right about this. If you'd started off saying, "Sure, pundits aren't very reliable, but Bill Kristol is even worse; here's why," this whole discussion might have gone differently. Who knows, you may have been thinking this all along, but your posts seemed to be arguing that people of a particular ideology never make mistakes. That and your demands for an apology struck me as an attempt to browbeat me into drinking your favorite flavor of Kool-Aid, and that I wouldn't stand for.

Doom314's satirical 4e power wrote:Complete AnnihilationWar-metawarrior 1

An awesome bolt of multicolored light fires from your eyes and strikes your foe, disintegrating him into a fine dust in a nonmagical way.

At-will: Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon ("sword", range 10/20)
Target: One Creature
Attack: Con vs AC
Hit: [W] + Con, and the target is slowed.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

AMW: Your point was that all pundits are pretty much useless at best, right?

I'm pretty sure Crissa just didn't like you implication that not all the shit people on the planet are Republicans.
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

Absentminded_Wizard at [unixtime wrote:1202359786[/unixtime]]

Since I don't have a master list of every pundit's every prediction ever, I'll concede you may very well be right about this. If you'd started off saying, "Sure, pundits aren't very reliable, but Bill Kristol is even worse; here's why," this whole discussion might have gone differently. Who knows, you may have been thinking this all along, but your posts seemed to be arguing that people of a particular ideology never make mistakes. That and your demands for an apology struck me as an attempt to browbeat me into drinking your favorite flavor of Kool-Aid, and that I wouldn't stand for.

There is actually a much bigger problem with pundits than you think: Being right on issues the establishment wants to be the other way kills their careers.

There is actually a well-documented correlation between pundits that accurately predicted what would happen if we invaded Iraq and getting fired. The ones who were and are wrong on essentially everything? Got promotions and raises.

There is seriously a negative correlation between being right and being successful as a political commentator. It's pathetic.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Neeek at [unixtime wrote:1202375266[/unixtime]]There is actually a well-documented correlation between pundits that accurately predicted what would happen if we invaded Iraq and getting fired. The ones who were and are wrong on essentially everything? Got promotions and raises.

In other words , "Promotion of the Guilty; Punishment of the Innocent; Praise and Honors for the Non Participants."
Talisman
Duke

Post by Talisman »

Back on topic...
ToB: My God! What have they done?

Y'see, if melee characters can compete on a semi-equal level with spellcasters...if an optomized party that happens to include a swordsage can defeat a lone wizard...well, obviously things are horribly broken.

Or maybe not.
MartinHarper wrote:Babies are difficult to acquire in comparison to other sources of nutrition.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Talisman at [unixtime wrote:1202425379[/unixtime]]Back on topic...
ToB: My God! What have they done?

Y'see, if melee characters can compete on a semi-equal level with spellcasters...if an optomized party that happens to include a swordsage can defeat a lone wizard...well, obviously things are horribly broken.

Or maybe not.

A optimized swordsage beats an unoptimized evoker/red wizard(that banned some good schools of magic)...yeah ToB is broken alright :bored:
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Those guys are dumb, pitting a Thayan against a ToB warrior.

Anyways... http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.ph ... 7[br][br]I bring you.. the Frosaker.
It's a typo if this guy wrote "Frosaker" just once, but no.
He spelled it the exact same way. Twice.
Hilarity ensues, on top of an effort at reviving the Forsaker concept.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

This thread will be closed soon due to possibly racist/religious statements.
Come check it out before it's gone.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=15073179
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
]
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

sigma999 at [unixtime wrote:1202839191[/unixtime]]This thread will be closed soon due to possibly racist/religious statements.
Come check it out before it's gone.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?p=15073179

would that be this:
MadPrak_Mark2 wrote:Yup. They is dark-hidened t'mark their evil! Fry mah hide! I'll git th' rope! Bubba, git them sheets, we've got some Favo'ed Enemah t'use! ah's purdy sho'nuff Rufus has got some Smite Evil t'use too. We'll wo'ry about them brown-hidened, wall-jumpin' goblins an' olive tree huggers later! Fry mah hide!
?
yeah... that was mine...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

camway wrote:The fact is there is not reason.

Yes. Seriously.

-Username17
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Prak: Naw, it both that and there was mention earlier about Jesus. That's a surefire flag for mods to swoop in and slap the lock on a thread.
Talisman
Duke

Post by Talisman »

Leress at [unixtime wrote:1202852776[/unixtime]]Here are some classes from user Camway...

So, my caster can now cast three spells a round? Why...it's BRILLIANT! Maybe he'll let me use 3.0 haste and cast FOUR spells per round! :eek:

Edit: Oh, and it's good to know that bones have ONE hit point.

Oh, and if you have access to healing spells, you can pretty much cast infinite spells per day. And how the hell does spell preparation fit into this? I mean, it's a horrible idea, but I can understand how it works mechanically for spontaneous casters...but what about preparers?
MartinHarper wrote:Babies are difficult to acquire in comparison to other sources of nutrition.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

sigma999 at [unixtime wrote:1202873154[/unixtime]]Prak: Naw, it both that and there was mention earlier about Jesus. That's a surefire flag for mods to swoop in and slap the lock on a thread.

Actually I don't think either instance was greivous enough for mods to do much... I've compared rangers and paladins to Klan members and talked of the race stereotype associations before with out the thread being locked...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

When did fighters become so disliked?

This thread has epic amounts of nonsensical arguments.
]
Jacob_Orlove
Knight

Post by Jacob_Orlove »

I love how they talk past each other without realizing that the 2e (and earlier) fighter is Archetypal, where the 3e one is not.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Jacob_Orlove at [unixtime wrote:1203019879[/unixtime]]I love how they talk past each other without realizing that the 2e (and earlier) fighter is Archetypal, where the 3e one is not.

There's so much irony in this statement that I'm choking on it. :sick:

Of course 3e Fighter is still archetypal... it's still self-limited to just swinging weapons and shooting shit!
NineInchNall
Duke

Post by NineInchNall »

Current pet peeves:
Misuse of "per se". It means "[in] itself", not "precisely". Learn English.
Malformed singular possessives. It's almost always supposed to be 's.
Talisman
Duke

Post by Talisman »

AKA the World's Worst Attempt at Power Gaming.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

The worst attempt at Power-gaming is trying to get the Gamemaster to allow you to play a Cosmic Imp in Mutants and Masterminds.