Moderator: Moderators

the_taken
Knight-Baron

Re: More Threads that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both

Post by the_taken »

If Nintendo were to make a Zelda MMO

To paraphrase the most recent post:

SeraphimBattler wrote:
LoZ is a small world with a small story.

Warcraft was a small world, but they made it a big world with a big story to make it an MMOG.

LoZ:Online would be not good because it would require Team Nintendo to write more fluff for the game than usual.

What the fvck?
I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

There is nothing on the planet that wouldn't be ruined by making it an MMO.

I know it sure fucked up Final Fantasy once it became an MMO. Just look at FF 12, it sucks royally.

The only thing that would happen if Nintendo made a Zelda MMO is that there would never, ever be a good zelda game ever made for the rest of time.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Count_Arioch_the_28th at [unixtime wrote:1200204330[/unixtime]]There is nothing on the planet that wouldn't be ruined by making it an MMO.

I know it sure fucked up Final Fantasy once it became an MMO. Just look at FF 12, it sucks royally.

The only thing that would happen if Nintendo made a Zelda MMO is that there would never, ever be a good zelda game ever made for the rest of time.

I can make a good Zelda styled MMOG. It would be different enough that you may not consider it a Zelda game, but I wouldn't do the moronic thing of making it a CMG (what you may still be calling RPG). I'd stick to the current formula of making the same game as usual then add a tiny bit more to suit the new gimmicks available.

Haven't played FF12. I ran out of funds for the PS3, and nobody I know has it. Heck, I still don't have a Wii.

Count Arioch the 28th
King

I have a wii. Although I spend more time playing old school games on it rather than Wii games.

I have fun though.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. It's not scientific obviously, but most people I know like FF12 quite a bit.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

FF12 would've sucked whether or not there was an MMO.

-Crissa
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

FF12 is for PS2, it was very disappointing. The graphics are top notch and I liked the voice acting but there were too many other problems that came up during the game. You have 6 "main" characters but two of them (Vaan and Penelo) could be taken out of the game and it wouldn't effect shit. They are just transitional characters for the real ones. I knew more about some of the sub characters then those two. The game tried to have a political story line but there were too many instances where it just didn't make sense. Sure it was different but it wasn't done well (most likely I was spoiled by playing Suikoden games). The battle system was pretty much an MMORPG and the License system was too easy to max out characters and with gambit (macros) the game pretty much played itself.

FF11 was the MMORPG that was just beyond retarded.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Apparently I'm distanced enough from the computer games industry that I don't know what a CMG is. Computer ??? Game.

Though I haven't seen a decent cRPG in... a decade or so, so I wouldn't be surprised if the term has disappeared.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Voss at [unixtime wrote:1200208871[/unixtime]]Apparently I'm distanced enough from the computer games industry that I don't know what a CMG is. Computer ??? Game.

Though I haven't seen a decent cRPG in... a decade or so, so I wouldn't be surprised if the term has disappeared.

Nah, don't worry. It's only a term I just made up.

Colourful Math Game. Like FF, WoW and Pokemon, where you have a set of related numbers that you have to manipulate like an accountant to attain goals.
I think that calling those games RPGs is misleading, and have devised a new term that I will push to replace the old mislabeling.

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Count_Arioch_the_28th at [unixtime wrote:1200204330[/unixtime]]

Well, given what the recent ones have been like, that looks like it's happening anyway. Nintendo should really make a new game franchise. You know, something that isn't Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, Metroid or Zelda.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

Post by SunTzuWarmaster »

Maybe they could make a game where they put them all together with Starfox, Donkey Kong, and some lesser known characters or something?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smas ... br][br]I'm kinda pissed at the wii right now, it seems like they missed the memo of "you have to make games for people to buy them".
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Maybe you guys should spend a little less time playing/talking about video games and a little more time getting drunk/tail. :confused:
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

Yeah, dammit. Waste your time the exact same way everyone else does, or you're *losers*

:)
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Voss at [unixtime wrote:1200261960[/unixtime]]Yeah, dammit. Waste your time the exact same way everyone else does, or you're *losers*

:)

I never got this defense either. How does pre-emptively calling opponents on the criticism they have of you deflate that criticism in any way? :confused:
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I get drunk often enough, but if I got more tail, I probably wouldn't spend as much time here as I do now.

Unfortunately, women just aren't attracted to fat sweaty guys for some reason.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

Doesn't pretty much everyone in the entire world (the bits that aren't starving and/or poor) play video games at this point if they are under 25?

In a seriously contribution:

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s ... br][br]The first post is funny, and then it all goes downhill from there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yeah, the Playstation actually made gaming "cool", even if the "cool" crowd play what I declare to be the completely wrong type of game (see: the kind I don't play).

X-Box then came along to be the "College student with an IQ of six" gaming machine, so that they can play Halo and Madden, and buy every version and re-release of either. With their Cheeto-stained fingers, and kegs of beer next to them.

Now the Wii is sort of a "party games" thing. It's socially acceptable to have one there and switched on for a party, so people (drunk or otherwise) can have a few laughs. It taught me that baseball is a bullshit sport where the only place to hit the ball that isn't a foul is the pitcher's glove. But bowling and boxing are pretty cool.

So to a degree, video games have become a completely normal thing. Oh, there's Guitar Hero as well, yeah. That's a party thing.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Guitar Hero for Wii sucked though, it's almost a direct port from the PS2 version, which is lame.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Count_Arioch_the_28th at [unixtime wrote:1200262690[/unixtime]]Unfortunately, women just aren't attracted to fat sweaty guys for some reason.

This is true. To fix this, lose weight. The easiest way to lose weight is to, when you want something to eat, ask yourself "am I really hungry enough to bother getting something to eat?"
CHICKENS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO COCAINE, SILKY HEN
Josh_Kablack wrote:You are not a unique and precious snowflake, you are just one more fucking asshole on the internet who presumes themselves to be better than the unwashed masses.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I hear the sport of skitching is good for weight loss. Basically, you put on roller blades, and hang on to the backs of cars to race from one part of the city to another.

The weight loss happens when someone falls and grinds off several pounds of flesh.

But the horrific bloody injuries likely won't attract people either.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Maybe I can find a chick that goes moist over smart guys, I'm smarter than most people in the world.
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1200270634[/unixtime]]

Now the Wii is sort of a "party games" thing. It's socially acceptable to have one there and switched on for a party, so people (drunk or otherwise) can have a few laughs. It taught me that baseball is a bullshit sport where the only place to hit the ball that isn't a foul is the pitcher's glove. But bowling and boxing are pretty cool.

The Wii appeals highly to families because parents like the physical aspect and "get" video game sports when played on a Wii.

That said, snap your wrist when you swing the bat, and you should do better in baseball.
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Count_Arioch_the_28th at [unixtime wrote:1200280168[/unixtime]]Maybe I can find a chick that goes moist over smart guys, I'm smarter than most people in the world.

This is not a terrible plan. It just might work; being smart is a big advantage. I wouldn't rest on your laurels though. You may be smart, but the competition includes people who are smart with good personalities. Or smart with good looks. Occasionally all of the above. I'd hedge my bets by going for at least two of three. Personality might be the easier one, not to mention more important to overall quality of life.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

MrWaeseL at [unixtime wrote:1200262157[/unixtime]]I never got this defense either. How does pre-emptively calling opponents on the criticism they have of you deflate that criticism in any way? :confused:

Easy, criticism coming from retards is meaningless. Doing stuff soley on the grounds that it is(n't) cool makes you a retard thereby making your criticism worthless.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Draco_Argentum wrote:Easy, criticism coming from retards is meaningless. Doing stuff soley on the grounds that it is(n't) cool makes you a retard thereby making your criticism worthless.

What? :confused: I get that you're calling me names but the rest just doesn't make sense.:confused: Just because you don't agree with the criticism doesn't make it less valid.