Dominions 4: List of Unconventional Recruits

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Orion
Prince

Dominions 4: List of Unconventional Recruits

Post by Orion »

Hey guys. I needed to make a reference for myself on what various nations *actual* rosters are and figured I'd post it here. Feel free to add anything you've observed and I'll edit it in.

Late Age
Atlantis: Still has the special underwater guys from Dom3. Still needs a fort to see them.

Bogarus: Black Hood and Styag: Horse archers with and without lances recruitable out of any province that doesn't have a fort.

Middle Age

Bandar Log: Markata and Atavi out of any forest.

Pangaea: Your unarmored satyr, minotaur, harpy, and centaur troops can be recruited in any forest. So can black harpy and satyr commanders, and your standard centaur mages.

Asphodel: Same as Pangaea, using Asphodel's centaur mages.

Marignon: Flagellants and H1 stealth priests (with 40 leadership!) anywhere with a temple.

Vanarus: Vyedma (W1E1N1 +1 FAWN) and Vyedun (F1A1E1N1 +1 FAWN) available from any forest with a lab. Both are "inept researchers", but actually quite efficient nonetheless.

Jotunheim gets all its normal Vaetti units out of any forest, including the +1DSNB hag, who is an inept researcher, but still really damn cheap.

Early Age

Ur: Longbowmen and light infantry recruitable anywhere with no fort. Also Enkidu Shaman (E3N2 +1 NEW). Swamps have Bone Reader (D1E1 +1 DEW) and two berserkers, one with stealth. Unsure whether swamp forts can build them.
Last edited by Orion on Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

MA Jotunheim can recruit their Vaetti out of any forest. That includes the Vaetti Hag if they build a lab in the forest. But even without they can field goblin spearmen, wolf riders, and wolf riding chiefs. And Moose Riders. It's actually a pretty robust fighting force out of any woods they happen to conquer.

-Username17
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Can they recruit them from a non-forest fort?
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Orion wrote:Can they recruit them from a non-forest fort?
Yes. You get all the Vaetti units in all forts and all forests. And three out of five of them are pretty awesome and important (Vaetti are 6/square and hit like hammers, Vaetti Hags are 40 gold for 5 research and are your blood hunters, and Moose Riders are archers that are also heavy cavalry and yet cost almost no resources).

-Username17
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Pythium can recruit limitane troops and certain heretic mages in any province outside their forts. Maybe in non-cap forts too, haven't checked.
Orca
Knight-Baron

Post by Orca »

EA Ulm gets warrior chiefs, axe warriors & warriors in any forest or mountain province. They also get forest warriors in forests and mountain warriors in mountains, which matter since now all EA Ulm units have strategic move 2.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Copied this for myself (I think from the Desura forum).
Ealb wrote:I went through and tried to identify all the non-fort recruitment when the preorder beta first was released. I'm pretty sure I missed some, especially terrain-specific ones, but here's what I found:

Early Age:
Ermor: Flamen, Pontifex
Ulm: (Forest/Mountain only) Scout, Chief, Shaman, Archer, Axe Warrior, Warrior, Forest/Mountain Warrior (by terrain)
Sauromatia: Chieftan, Raider, Lancer
Argatha: (Cave only) Pale One Scout/Commander, Wet One, Pale One (Militia/Warrior), Cavern Guard
Pangaea: (Forest only) Black Harpy, Minotaur Lord, Centaur(ide) Hierophant(ide), Harpy, Satyr (Sneak), Minotaur, Centaur(ide)
Kailasa: (Forest only) Atavi Chieftan, Markata (Archer), Atavi Archer/Infantry
Lanka: (Forest only) Atavi Chieftan, Markata (Archer), Atavi Archer/Infantry
Yomi: (Mountain only) Bakemono Chief, Bakemono-Sho (club/spear), Bakemono Archer
Ur: Ekidu Scout/Chief/Shaman, Ekidu (Archer/Warrior (club/spear)); (Swamp only) Ekidu Bone Reader/Hunter/Reaver

Middle Age:
Man: Monk, Logrian Wise Man, Slinger, Logrian Warrior/Cavalry
Marigon: Friar, Flagellant
Pangaea: (Forest only) Black Harpy, Satyr Commander, Centaur(ide) Hierophant(ide), Harpy, Satyr (Sneak), Minotaur, Centaur(ide)
Asphodel: (Forest only) Black Harpy, Minotaur Lord, Centaur(ide) Hierophant(ide), Harpy, Satyr (Sneak), Minotaur, Centaur(ide)
Jotunhiem: (Forest only) Vaetti Chief/Hag, Vaetti, Wolf Rider, Moose Riders
Vanarus: (Forest only) Vyedma, Vyedun
Bandar Log: Forest only) Atavi Chieftan, Markata (Archer), Atavi Archer/Infantry
Shinuyama: (Mountain only) Bakemono Chief, Bakemono-Sho (club/spear), Bakemono Archer

Late Age:
Pythium: Centurion, Heliodromus, Mystes, Epoptes, Reveler, Milite, Limitane (Primani/Solaris), Primani Solaris, Limitane Standard
Ulm: Illuminated One, Member of the Second Tier
Marigon: Missionary, Flagellant
T'ien Ch'i: Khan, Barbarian (Heavy) Horseman
C'tis: (Wasteland only) Desert Ranger
Bogarus: Black Hood, Styag
Patala: (Forest only) Atavi Chieftan, Markata (Archer), Atavi Archer/Infantry
K
King

Post by K »

Korwin wrote:Copied this for myself (I think from the Desura forum).
Ealb wrote:I went through and tried to identify all the non-fort recruitment when the preorder beta first was released. I'm pretty sure I missed some, especially terrain-specific ones, but here's what I found:

Early Age:
Ermor: Flamen, Pontifex
Ulm: (Forest/Mountain only) Scout, Chief, Shaman, Archer, Axe Warrior, Warrior, Forest/Mountain Warrior (by terrain)
Sauromatia: Chieftan, Raider, Lancer
Argatha: (Cave only) Pale One Scout/Commander, Wet One, Pale One (Militia/Warrior), Cavern Guard
MA Agartha also gets that.
Last edited by K on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.