Your Ideal Game

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Sigil wrote:I realized back in the day that Morrowind had terrible combat, but I could accept that since it was all really dice rolls, I was fooled into thinking Oblivion's combat was good because it was so much better by comparison. It wasn't until I was playing Skyrim that I suddenly relized "Wait a minute, the actual gameplay here is kind of crap." Fallout 3 & New Vegas definately have the best combat of the Bethesda games (yeah, I know NV is Obsidian). The reason I keep coming back to Elder Scrolls is for the world, they manage to pull of the atmosphere of those games so well.
All of that is true for me, as well.
Last edited by Shrapnel on Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

I know it's not the summer sale, but I didn't feel like starting a new thread. I just bought the hi-res version of Spelunky. It looks like it has multiplayer play, which could be a lot of fun (or infuriating). My coworker just picked it up too, so we'll be able to experiment.
Corsair114
Master

Post by Corsair114 »

RobbyPants wrote:I know it's not the summer sale, but I didn't feel like starting a new thread. I just bought the hi-res version of Spelunky. It looks like it has multiplayer play, which could be a lot of fun (or infuriating). My coworker just picked it up too, so we'll be able to experiment.
Too bad it's splitscreen only. No LAN play on PC as far as I can tell. :(
The rules are the game, without them you're just playing cowboys and indians with a side of craps. Image
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

My ideal game is...

A 2D HD Castlevania: Symphony of the Night style game (here's a gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2JsYKbWubY )

With artwork by Katsuya Terada:
He did illustrations for Nintendo Power in the 90's too.

Here's more of his stuff:

And gameplay likewell I guess Dark Souls and Monster Hunter, but more specifically:

-You have a stamina bar, defending and attacking takes stamina. Stamina refills over time
-You can equip a weapon in either hand (shields are a weapon)

Weapons:
-there is a button for left and right weapons
-tap for a light attack/parry
-hold it down to block (you can back pedal without changing your facing when it is held down)
-forward+attack= power attack

Moving around:
-press left right to walk
-double tap to dash
-hold it after dashing to run
-hold down to crouch
-double tap down to evade (you stand in place)