Help me pick good class names!

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

The author of that book is a complete shit, for the record.

Sure, there'll be a Tome of Cocks. I'll start on it tomorrow. It will be full of childish jokes and stupidity, as might be expected.

I feel really sorry for our OP.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Koumei wrote:The author of that book is a complete shit, for the record.

Sure, there'll be a Tome of Cocks. I'll start on it tomorrow. It will be full of childish jokes and stupidity, as might be expected.

Are you interested in submissions/assistance? I have a few ideas I could develop into a Cock Master class.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

I'm curious to see how Cocks will matter at high level (such as underwater and planar adventures)
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

OgreBattle wrote:I'm curious to see how Cocks will matter at high level (such as underwater and planar adventures)
By becoming Celestials and Fiends.

By casting high level spells

etc.
Emerald
Knight-Baron

Post by Emerald »

I'm surprised no one has yet requested a tank-y class called the Cock Blocker. Consider it requested.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

I request a rooster variant called the Cock Cock.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
rasmuswagner
Knight-Baron

Post by rasmuswagner »

Mister_Sinister wrote:

Are you interested in submissions/assistance? I have a few ideas I could develop into a Cock Master class.
If you value the integrity of your sphincter, do NOT offer submission to Koumei.
Every time you play in a "low magic world" with D&D rules (or derivates), a unicorn steps on a kitten and an orphan drops his ice cream cone.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

rasmuswagner wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:

If you value the integrity of your sphincter, do NOT offer submission to Koumei.
Funny, I always wanted to be pegged.

Koumei made me do it!
Last edited by koz on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
tussock
Prince

Re: Help me pick good class names!

Post by tussock »

Schleiermacher wrote:Firstly,
Brute. It means you value direct and immediate methods involving the application of brutality. This is opposed to your more agile-based fighter-thief class. Probably lacks a touch of archery connotations, so better for a melee focus.
Secondly,
Guy. Which fails pretty dramatically at gender-neutrality for a modern audience, but is good. Dude-bro is worse. Cock, perhaps. Where was I? Right, thing is the underworld like to call themselves the opposite of what others call them. Goodfellas. Wiseguys.

You could always go with Cheat. Or the opposite, Noble.

As an aside, I disagree with your premise. Some people like kicking butt in combat sans-prep and sleeping the rest of the game away. They're a whole category of the people who enjoy RPGs. Having a class which works better for them is fine.
PC, SJW, anti-fascist, not being a dick, or working on it, he/him.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

The Cock Hurler
"You can't escape my cock!

A Cock Hurler is a person who at puberty discovered an affinity for cocks. Literally, they can make cocks appear anywhere. By reaching out and grabbing them, a Cock Hurler can have an angry cock in their hand on a moment's notice. This is a magical, and largely unexplained ability that produces seemingly endless amounts of live chickens. No one knows where they come from, or whether they are created anew.

In combat, the Cock Hurler can throw their newly arrived chickens to surprisingly great effect.

Starting Age: As Rogue
Starting Equipment: 6d4x10gp
Alignment: Cock Hurlers are often giant raging jerks in real life, and often tend towards the extremes of Law and Chaos.

Hit Die: d8
Base Attack Bonus: +1/level
Good Saving Throws: Fortitude, Reflex
Skill Points: 6+Int
Class Skills: Appraise, Balance, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Disguise, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (Any), Linguistics, Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Profession, Ride, Search, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Survival, Swim, Use Magic Device, Use Rope.
Level:Abilities:
1: Animal Empathy, Cock Hurling, Trap finding
2: Uncanny Dodge
3: Evasion, Flacidity
4: Mettle, Precision Cock +1d6
5: Mouth Full of Cock
6: Improved Uncanny Dodge, Sudden Cock
7: Cock Rider, Precision Cock +2d6
8: Break Enchantment, Improved Evasion
9: Hardening Cock
10: Skill Mastery, Precision Cock +3d6
11: Barrel of Cocks
12: Climb into the Barrel
13: Massive Cock, Precision Cock +4d6
14: Multicock, Prismatic Cock
15: Cock Hole
16: Multi Rock Cock, Precision Cock +5d6
17: Chicken Wishes
18: Vorpal Chickens
19: Find Cock, Precision Cock +6d6
20: Biggest Cock

Class Feature

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Cock Hurler is proficient with Light and Medium Armor as well as with Shields. A Cock Hurler is proficient with Simple Weapons as well as the Battle Ax, Orcish Shotput, Halfling Skip Rock, Net, all forms of Whip, Hand Crossbow, Bolas, Shuriken, and Harpoon.

Animal Empathy: A Cock Hurler has Animal Empathy as a Druid of their level.

Cock Hurling (Su): Fifty times per day, a Cock Hurler may generate a surprised and angry chicken and if they wish throw it as part of the same action before the chicken knows what is going on. The Chicken is a light weapon that is considered to be "designed to be thrown". Creating and throwing the chicken can be done as part of the same standard action. The chicken has a range increment of 10 feet. The chicken does 1d6 of damage, provides a distraction equivalent to a strong wind for the target for the following round, and is an actual angry chicken that will then attack whatever is nearby. The chicken uses the stats for a Raven except that it cannot fly. It appears in the square of the target whether the throwing attack hits or misses. If the Cock Hurler decides, they may coup de grace their newly produced chicken instead of throwing it in order to have a dead cock in their hands for whatever purposes.

Trap Finding: A Cock Hurler can find and remove traps, as a Rogue.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): A 2nd level Cock Hurler retains their Dex bonus when flat footed or unable to see their attacker.

Evasion (Ex): At 3rd level, a Cock Hurler takes no damage from an attack if their make a Reflex Save to reduce the damage.

Flacidity (Ex): A 3rd level Cock Hurler is immune to petrification.

Mettle (Ex): At 4th level, a Cock Hurler treats Fortitude Partial and Willpower Partial saves as saves to negate.

Precision Cock (EX): At 4th level and every three levels after that, the Cock Hurler does an extra d6 of precision damage every time they hit an opponent with a thrown chicken or chicken-related animal.

Mouth Full of Cock (Su): At 5th level, a Cock Hurler can cause their cocks to appear in the mouths of others within medium range. This does more damage to smaller creates, doing 4d6 to Fine, 3d6 to Diminutive, 2d6 to Tiny, d8 to Small, d6 to Medium, d4 to Large, and no damage to huge or larger creatures. Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action. Any spellcasting is interrupted unless the spell or spell-like ability has no Verbal components and the target makes a Concentration check DC 25 + Spell Level. The newly produced chicken is grappling with the target when it appears.

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): A 6th level Cock Hurler cannot be flanked unless one or both of the flanking creatures has six more levels in class(es) that grants Uncanny Dodge than the Cock Hurler has in classes that grant Uncanny Dodge.

Sudden Cock (Su): A 6th level Cock Hurler can produce and throw a chicken as a Swift Action.

Cock Rider: At 7th level, a Cock Hurler gains an Achaierai that serves them faithfully as a mount. If the Achaierai is killed, they can get another one a week later with a ritual that uses 500 gp worth of components. The Cock Hurler's Achaierai gains a hit die every time the Cock Hurler gains a level and thus always has one less hit die than the Cock Hurler does. The Achaierai has the same alignment as the Cock Hurler.

Break Enchantment (Sp): At 8th level, a Cock Hurler can use break enchantment as a spell-like ability a number of times each day equal to their Intelligence bonus (minimum 1 time). Normally it is ambiguous whether break enchantment is capable of undoing the patrification caused by a creature ability, but in the Cock Hurler's case it can unambiguously be used in this manner.

Improved Evasion (Ex): An 8th level Cock Hurler suffers only half damage from effects that allow a Reflex save to halve the damage, even when the Cock Hurler actually fails the Reflex save in question.

Hardening Cock (Su): Once per hour, a 9th level Cock Hurler can produce and hurl a cockatrice as a Standard Action. A cockatrice does d8 damage as a thrown weapon and a target struck must make a Fortitude Save (DC 10 + 1/2 Cock Hurler's Hit Dice +Intelligence Bonus) or become petrified. Whether successful or not, the Cockatrice bounces and ends up standing in the square immediately in front of the target.

Skill Mastery (Ex): At 10th level, a Cock Hurler chooses 3 + Intelligence Bonus skills. The Cock Hurler can take 10 on those skills even when under pressure or confronted with a penalty for failure.

Barrel of Cocks (Su): An 11th level Cock Hurler can produce and throw a barrel that is full of chickens as a standard action. This barrel does 2d8 damage to the target (who is also subject to precision cock damage), and then explodes, releasing a bunch of excited and bewildered chickens - treat as a bat swarm. But with chickens, so they don't fly very high. This may be done up to 3 plus Int bonus times per day. The barrel has a range increment of 10 feet, and part of the magic in producing it allows the Cock Hurler to throw it as it comes into being even if it is too heavy for the Cock Hurler to lift.

Climb into the Barrel (Su): A 12th level Cock Hurler can manifest a cock barrel, climb into it, and end up on another plane of existence. They may allow others to follow them. Other than looking really weird and leaving a barrel full of chicken feathers in their wake, this mimics plane shift, rope trick, or Mordenkainen's magnificent mansion. The Barrel Climbing can be invoked a number of times per day equal to the Cock Hurler's Intelligence Bonus (minimum 1).

Massive Cock: At 13th level, a Cock Hurler is accompanied on their adventures by a gargantuan Chicken. Use the stats for a Roc save that it can only fly for up to five minutes at a time. As a Cock Hurler gains levels, the Roc gains abilities as if it was a Druid's Animal Companion and the Cock Hurler was a Druid 13 levels lower than their Cock Hurler level. A fallen Massive Cock can be replaced as an Animal Companion.

Multicock (Su): A 14th level Cock Hurler has no limit to the number of chickens they can manifest each day, and they may use Cock Hurling or Mouthful of Cock as an Attack Action.

Prismatic Cock (Su): As a Standard action, a 14th level Cock Hurler may throw a chicken that glows various colors and then explodes on impact. Whether the target is damaged or distracted by the actual thrown chicken or not, everything within 10 feet of the target is struck by a random color from prismatic spray. Any allowed saves are against a DC of 10 + 1/2 level + Intelligence bonus.

Cock Hole (Su): As a standard action, a 15th level Cock Hurler may create a 10'x10'x50' deep pit as an extradimensional space with an open portal on any surface. The pit has a swarm of chickens at the bottom. If the pit is dispelled or dismissed, everything in it is pushed to the surface.

Multi Rock Cock (Su): A 16th level Cock Hurler can produce and throw an unlimited number of cockatrices in an hour and can throw cockatrices as an attack action.

Chicken Wishes (Su): A 17th level Cock Hurler can grant the simplest and most common wishes of Chickens. What this means is that every chicken, cockatrice, and chicken swarm the Cock Hurler produces can fly. The Cock Hurler's Massive Cock can fly. The Cock Hurler's Riding Cock can also fly.

Vorpal Chickens (Su): An 18th level Cock Hurler instantly kills any corporeal target they critical with a thrown chicken. In addition, the Cock Hurler's chickens ignore DR and the Chicken Swarm's Swarm Damage is increased to 4d6.

Find Cock (Su): A 19th level Cock Hurler is very good at finding things, which allows them to mimic locate object, locate person, or discern location a number of times per day equal 3 plus their Intelligence bonus.

-Username17
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Needs some kind of Weathercock option that makes strong winds/lightning. Maybe as a feat.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Goddamn it Frank, I thought I was being original with the 'cock = chicken' idea. How the hell do you write so damn fast?

Edit:
Sigged.
Last edited by koz on Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I was totally going to go the "chickens full of euphemisms" route.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
K
King

Post by K »

Man, I'm so tempted to write up a Cock Jockey.

I won't though. The last three joke classes/PrCs I either wrote or had a hand in writing ended up being played by people as serious.

It just takes the joke to a level that I'm not sure is just either really funny or really insulting to me (or the audience). Maybe both, and maybe all.
Last edited by K on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Schleiermacher
Knight-Baron

Post by Schleiermacher »

Okay, that's enough of your cockmongering!

Where were we...
Hicks wrote:My heartbreaker notes may help you: (...)
Thank you, they will. A fair bit of parallel evolution, there.

Frank Trollman wrote:That being said, as saxony and rasmuswagner pointed out on this thread: we can't provide a name for a class whose concept we don't know. it's just not even fucking possible.

As for trickster characters, have you considered the name "Trickster"?
Well, you could, in a "throwing paint at the wall" kind of way, but I think you're right. I'll finish the first draft of the class document first, then put it up for review and suggestions. And thanks for the name suggestion. One of the things that makes a good class name, in my mind, is that it's an apellation it makes sense to apply to both a 1st-level neophyte and a 20th-level demigod. 'Trickster' fits the bill, from the Artful Dodger to Anansi.

With that, you can all climb back into the barrel of cocks, I think the original purpose of this thread is ended.
PoliteNewb
Duke

Post by PoliteNewb »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:Needs some kind of Weathercock option that makes strong winds/lightning. Maybe as a feat.
If one of these classes (I'm assuming there will be more) does not contain a "Rock Out With your Cock Out" ability, I am disappoint.
I am judging the philosophies and decisions you have presented in this thread. The ones I have seen look bad, and also appear to be the fruit of a poisonous tree that has produced only madness and will continue to produce only madness.

--AngelFromAnotherPin

believe in one hand and shit in the other and see which ones fills up quicker. it will be the one you are full of, shit.

--Shadzar
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

FrankTrollman wrote:The Cock Hurler
Um, wow... that's unexpected. Is this class in anyway balanced? What if I had an Ogre take this class?
I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

the_taken wrote:
FrankTrollman wrote:The Cock Hurler
Um, wow... that's unexpected. Is this class in anyway balanced? What if I had an Ogre take this class?
You'd suck pretty hard as an Ogre. Your to-hit is based on Dex and your late game abilities are Int based. Also, being behind on level gains is going to leave your chicken summoning pretty underwhelming at all levels.

The class is much better for a Halfling.

-Username17
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

be ware the "cock" "thief" class if you are male. ignore him if female?
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
ishy
Duke

Post by ishy »

That class does remind me of this : http://luduscarcerum.blogspot.nl/2011/0 ... ested.html
Gary Gygax wrote:The player’s path to role-playing mastery begins with a thorough understanding of the rules of the game
Bigode wrote:I wouldn't normally make that blanket of a suggestion, but you seem to deserve it: scroll through the entire forum, read anything that looks interesting in term of design experience, then come back.
Agent_0042
NPC

Post by Agent_0042 »

PoliteNewb wrote:If one of these classes (I'm assuming there will be more) does not contain a "Rock Out With your Cock Out" ability, I am disappoint.
Cock Lobster?
JigokuBosatsu
Prince

Post by JigokuBosatsu »

All I know is that this chart is invaluable for making terrible/awesome band names for ironic hair metal.
Omegonthesane wrote:a glass armonica which causes a target city to have horrific nightmares that prevent sleep
JigokuBosatsu wrote:so a regular glass armonica?
You can buy my books, yes you can. Out of print and retired, sorry.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

K wrote:The last three joke classes/PrCs I either wrote or had a hand in writing ended up being played by people as serious.
Out of curiosity, which ones?
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

THIS IS THE BEST THREAD.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Koumei wrote:
K wrote:The last three joke classes/PrCs I either wrote or had a hand in writing ended up being played by people as serious.
Out of curiosity, which ones?
I assume Bone Rider was one of them.

Game On,
fbmf