[Dom3]Proving Grounds-Game Started

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

What's going on with llamaserver? The last updated is not current.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

Power outage.

You should still be able to send turns to a backup server. You'll get a confirmation e-mail when your turn has been received, so check your inbox. The game page on the llamaserver site is not currently updating though (this is the case for all games).

I'm not sure if the game will auto-host once all turns are in. In any event, the turn has been extended by 24 hours.
luckyfortune
1st Level

Post by luckyfortune »

Silly Pc, um my lappy died so i cant continue..
I have to turn AI.. =/
sry about this..
"May the winds of Good Fortune, Flow our way.."
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

Thanks for letting everyone know you were changing AI. I'm not going to look for a sub unless a few people think it is a good idea.

I hope you get your laptop repaired or replaced with little inconvenience. Thanks for playing.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

I'm considering turning AI as well, I'm pretty far behind and it's exam week. Sorry to be that guy.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

CapnTthePirateG wrote:I'm considering turning AI as well, I'm pretty far behind and it's exam week. Sorry to be that guy.
Let's team up and attack someone. This game is boring...
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

Turning AI would be inconvenient...for me. I was about to send a conga line of maenads toward someones capital and now, suddenly, skinshifter rush.

Seriously though, do what you want to do. It's just a game and I doubt anyone here will get annoyed because you're prioritising more important things.

I can postpone the game to look for a sub if anyone wants, but I honestly don't care either way.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Well I will get in on the next turn then. Korwin, PM me about attack plans.
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Vanheim has staled the past 5 turns.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

No, I haven't noticed. Cap'n - if you wanna go AI, you can, it's all good.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

JUst went AI. Research too stagnant to do shit, too boring, etc.

Though I consider this game a moral victory because I killed the shit out of Bogus and company.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

I just went AI myself. I'm too snowed-under with work at the moment to give the game the attention it deserves (although I wasn't expecting this when it started).
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

R'Lyeh:

Pangaea is making an effort to curb the aggro AI Vanheim. If you plan on taking any of that terrotory for the benefit of your nation, we would appreciate a heads up, purely to prevent our forces coming into conflict.

-Pangaea
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

There is some back and forth on my southern land border, so be careful venturing into the peninsula between the two bodies of water. Going north of Vanheim's capital might run you into my forces.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

noted. I doub the forces I have deployed would have sufficient momentum to push that far, without waiting for reinforcements, but I'll err on the side of caution.

-Pangaea
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Well fighting AI maybe fun and all but... its time to make things more interesting.

As of Turn 48 Shinuyama will be renouncing all NAPs (I believe I only have 1 with Pangea).

Attacks orders are valid on turn 50, landing on turn 51.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Drago0661 wrote:Well fighting AI maybe fun and all but... its time to make things more interesting.

As of Turn 48 Shinuyama will be renouncing all NAPs (I believe I only have 1 with Pangea).

Attacks orders are valid on turn 50, landing on turn 51.
I don't think Shinuyama and R'lyeh have an NAP, no. If you want to pretend we did and orders on 50/landing on 51, I wouldn't mind. I'm actually making a big out of town trip tomorrow, and not having to worry about shifting to fullscale war preparations this exact turn would make my life considerably easier.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Sure, let's rewrite history in that case, we 'had' an NAP with R'lyeh. :tongue:
Last edited by Drago0661 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

All acknowledged.

NAP cessation with Shinuyama on turn 51.

I'll also be extend the next couple of turns due to DSMattius' travel plans.

Any extesnions or increases in the hosting interval are just a few button clicks away. Considering the time of year, the size of the respective player nations and the time sink required for playing vs. human opponents, please don't hesitate to ask for more time.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Winnah wrote:I'll also be extend the next couple of turns due to DSMattius' travel plans.
That's not actually needed. It was just a one day thing and life is back to normal on my end. I just didn't want to have to start prepping superhardcorefullscale for war the night before I left. So I will start prepping superhardcorefullscale for war this turn. You know, just in case. Not because I would ever, ever, ever attack any of my neighbors.

On an unrelated note - in the interest of bringing this game to a tension-filled close, R'lyeh will also be dissolving any political agreements we might have. Which I believe at this point is just an NAP 3 with Pangaea. That'll be effective one turn later than Shinuyama's.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Winnah wrote:No special victory conditions. I suggest evaluating the game around turn 65 should there be no obvious winner, and taking it from there. Otherwise, victory will be achieved when your Pretender God has no opposition to their Dominion, either through the power of their faithful or via military conquest.
So, kudos to Shinuyama for noticing this was totally not true, and we were actually playing a victory point game all along.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

ah fuck. I thought I turned that shit off. If I were running a proper VP game it would have had at least 1 per player.

That is extremely fucking dissatifying. I'm pissed off at my own lack of oversight.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

I know what I did.

I fucked around with VPs when creating the game. Capital VP's and some extra scattered around the map. Then I thought "No, newbie game."

I turned off VP victory, capital VP's and obviously forgot about the others.

Obviously "VP's required to win" means "number less than all," and controlling all VP provinces results in a victory regardless of settings.

That fucking aggravates me. I'm gonna go smoke some cones for the first time in a month and then punch the bag until my mood improves.
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

Umm wow, I sincerely apologize.

I actually thought this was a VP game from the start since the ingame graphs had a VP graph the entire time, and it looked like it was 5 VPs to win. (I didn't have control of them all, R'yleh had the last one fortified)
luckyfortune wrote:Aww no! why attack me?!
I dont have any VP's..

=(
Caelum even mentioned the VPs, and no-one questioned it.

(I was also wondering why people were not fortifying the VP provinces...)

I suppose it being a VP game, it would hamper trying not to play with VPs if we rolled back... (i had 4 VPs last turn, all it would take is 1 more VP for me to win...)

I feel bad for making you guys feel bad >.<