[Tome] Icewright

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

We were just correcting you, the way people correct other people, and yes we'll drop it now.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I've been hassled to complete this class, and have now done so, any further comments on the completed class?
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

This class doesn't make me sad. I would happily play one, and it gets the kinds of abilities you'd think such a character should have.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Whatever
Prince

Post by Whatever »

I see the cold resistance and the immunity to his own ice fields, but shouldn't he get basic endure elements and some more advanced immunity to cold-based environmental hazards? Or at least immunity to his own Blizzard.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Does Make Stuff require there to be ice for him to craft or is it just that he can make anything at any time? Also, if he makes armor or weapons out of ice and someone else uses it do they take cold damage? Or can he just make Full Plate for the party at level 1?
Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Whatever wrote:I see the cold resistance and the immunity to his own ice fields, but shouldn't he get basic endure elements and some more advanced immunity to cold-based environmental hazards? Or at least immunity to his own Blizzard.
Cold Resistance and Immunity do give you Endure Elements. Frostburn explains that Cold Resistance 5 basically just gives you Endure Elements.

I did add some stuff about the Blizzard though, because you are kind of right, why not have him be immune to his own Blizzards burying and bludgeoning damage.
Red_Rob wrote:Does Make Stuff require there to be ice for him to craft or is it just that he can make anything at any time? Also, if he makes armor or weapons out of ice and someone else uses it do they take cold damage? Or can he just make Full Plate for the party at level 1?
Slightly fixed the ability to make it clear he is conjuring. Honestly, it is mostly for Tome games, where people aren't going to want to wear Ice Armor all that often because there are better armors, but I never play at level 1, so I could see it being a problem at specifically level 1.

But really, just spot nerf it if you really care, and stop playing at level 1.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Re: [Tome] Cold Dude

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Kaelik wrote:Blizzard (Su): A Cold Dude can summon a Blizzard, creating a 40ft radius cylinder of pounding snow. This blocks line of sight and does 1d6 cold damage per Character level and half as much bludgeoning damage. In addition, the entire area is difficult terrain, and any creature that ends its turn inside the effect and fails a reflex save DC 10+1/2 character level+Wisdom Mod is buried under snow, immobilizing them and blocking line of effect to the outside world.

The Cold Dude does not need to make a save to avoid being buried and takes no bludgeoning damage inside the effect.
Can be interpreted as granting immunity to getting smacked with a warhammer.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Either I'm missing a reference or black ice isn't explained. Is this a frostburn thing?
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

...You Lost Me wrote:Either I'm missing a reference or black ice isn't explained. Is this a frostburn thing?
Yes.

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

My search through weather effects gives me ebony ice (I assume it's the same thing). It doesn't seem very deserving of level 12--difficult terrain, +5 Balance/Tumble DCs, and Undead get +2 to hit. Is there something else I'm missing or was the point just to get awesome black ice?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Apparently I was somehow combining Blood Snow and Stygian Ice. I'll fully define Black Ice and it's effects, though they are basically what I already said, normal ice that does negative energy damage.

I might add Blood snow/Stygian Ice at and earlier level as well.

RobbyPants
King

Re: [Tome] Cold Dude

Post by RobbyPants »

Kaelik wrote: Blizzard (Su): A Cold Dude can summon a Blizzard, creating a 40ft radius cylinder of pounding snow. This blocks line of sight and does 1d6 cold damage per Character level and half as much bludgeoning damage. In addition, the entire area is difficult terrain, and any creature that ends its turn inside the effect and fails a reflex save DC 10+1/2 character level+Wisdom Mod is buried under snow, immobilizing them and blocking line of effect to the outside world.

The Cold Dude does not need to make a save to avoid being buried and takes no bludgeoning damage inside the effect.
What's the height of this cylinder? 40 feet as well?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Updated to 20 levels.

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

To clarify how Ice Spheres work - you make one and choose one of your Icewright abilities to put in it. Then you set it to rotation mode or holding mode. In rotation mode it can be used to make melee attacks for damage, in holding mode it can be thrown to conjure up the chosen Icewright ability at its location. Is that right?

Also, with a legitimate name like Icewright this class deserves a real quote.
Last edited by ...You Lost Me on Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

...You Lost Me wrote:To clarify how Ice Spheres work - you make one and choose one of your Icewright abilities to put in it. Then you set it to rotation mode or holding mode. In rotation mode it can be used to make melee attacks for damage, in holding mode it can be thrown to conjure up the chosen Icewright ability at its location. Is that right?

Also, with a legitimate name like Icewright this class deserves a real quote.
Yes, although, just to be clear, some other random asshole in the party or even a level 1 commoner can throw a sphere to trigger the ability.

EDIT: real quote added.
Last edited by Kaelik on Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I've made some changes to make it more about crafting ice stuff and better able to share with the party, but with hopefully actually making decisions about giving items to people.