Shennanigans or server error?

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

fectin
Prince

Shennanigans or server error?

Post by fectin »

I was just reading the vampire thread in IMHO, went to reply, and got a message "only admins can post in this thread". When I went to re-enter it, I found it had disappeared. Is that a server issue or admin action? If admin action, why? (seeking to understand, not quibble)
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
erik
King

Re: Shennanigans or server error?

Post by erik »

fectin wrote:I was just reading the vampire thread in IMHO, went to reply, and got a message "only admins can post in this thread". When I went to re-enter it, I found it had disappeared. Is that a server issue or admin action? If admin action, why? (seeking to understand, not quibble)
Hrmmm... recently the title of that thread was changed and discussions were being made about how the owner of that kicknonstarter was going about threatening to sue people for slander and libel (presumably both because he doesn't know the difference) for making factual statements.

I can imagine certain fence building entities not wanting to wrestle with that breed of sus scrofa, especially if the thread got more enthusiasm at mocking this fellow between when I last read it and when it got displaced.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]

Erik more or less has it right. I can re-post Franks stuff that he wrote at the end if anyone wishes.

[/TGFBS]
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

It would be nice if you would, but not crucial.

"Chilling" in action. Damn.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

fectin wrote:It would be nice if you would, but not crucial.

"Chilling" in action. Damn.
I put it in IMHO.

Game On,
FBMF
Last edited by fbmf on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.