[Dom3] Modtest Game [GAME ON]

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

Well done, Korwin.

Now that I see the entire map, and not to denigrate Korwin's victory in any way, the map has something of a design flaw. Ulm/Korwin was able to slice off a huge piece of hinterland by taking 48, 29 and 27, at which point he now has a huge lead.

Now, as it happens, if Winnah had allied with me *against* Ulm (who was hedging us both into tiny territories), well... then Agartha might've won instead.

Anyway, in spite of the uniform capital-to-capital hop distances, I'm not sure how good a test this was of the nation mod, given the way the start provinces worked out.
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

gg, everyone.
DrPraetor wrote:I'm not sure how good a test this was of the nation mod, given the way the start provinces worked out.
I agree in not being sure.

I'd like to think that Ulm and Agartha being the leaders meant that at least their glaring weaknesses had been well-addressed, but of course Abysia was a total flop and the other players went MAD on each other, so...

I begin to think that the better way to test the nations is individually, one of them in a game among other vanilla nations. I guess I'll have to organize some more.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Or a Map, like Five or Six-Land...
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
luckyfortune
1st Level

Post by luckyfortune »

Hey! that was my 1st game,, T__T
"May the winds of Good Fortune, Flow our way.."
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

yeah, I concede.

Archers are a nice addition.

AoE slings are kind of lame. Great against unarmoured troops. But any kind of armour makes them useless.

Fir Bolg spearmen tend to rout before they get their first strike bonus, the axemen were useful in expansion, but had a similar routing issue.

Still issues with magic diversity outside of capital
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

I used an Prince of Death Pretender with Death 6, Dom 9.
Scales where O1, P3, L1, Drain3.
I produced maximum troops from every fort for every turn the whole game. When money was a little low, I ordered Black Steel Infantry. When I had too much, I ordered cavallry.

Here my Gem Reserves at the End of the Game.
I totally forgot to make GemGens until the very last few turns.

My EndGame plan was to branch out into Blood to get Immortal defenders (Vampires) and the Demon Lords.
Was'nt very far into it, in one or two turns I would have started to Summon Vampire Lords. Boosters etc. was there, research was still needed.

Forts:
Every VP has an Fort or an Fort under construction on it.

Income:

GemIncome:

Research:Image
Went into Evocation first thing up to Iron Blizzards, but did not get to use it a single time. Only used a few non sacred smiths and Lava explosion (name?)

Dominion:

Army size:
Yes, that blue line is Ulm, not LA Ermor or Pan...

VP's:
The last VP's where, Machakas and independent ones.

Maybe the Modded Ulm is not overpowered. It shure felt overpowered from my end. I not once felt threatened.
But I'm up for an rematch (this time without an SC Pretender.)