Complete Divine: Druids are better illusionists than illusio

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

User3
Prince

Complete Divine: Druids are better illusionists than illusio

Post by User3 »

In the Complete Divine, I noticed that druids now have on their spell list like six new spells Illusion (shadow) spells. These spells are druid only. Most of them are pretty good, and as a player of illusionists, I would want to have them on my spell list.

But no. Now, druids get to be better at casting illusions than illusionists. As if they weren’t better healers than clerics(with Reincarnate a full level lower and a form of immortality), better fighters than fighters(with wild shape cheese), better rogues than rogues(with spellcasting and wildshape fo sneaking, spying, and breaking into places) and combat mages(with Flame Strike and other elemental spells).

Now they have my illusions!!!
Wrenfield
Master

Re: Complete Divine: Druids are better illusionists than ill

Post by Wrenfield »

Only Phantasmal Disorientation and Shadow Landscape are Illusions spells for Druids (which I like both of them). You may be thinking of the Phantom prefixed spells, which are actually Conjuration spells.

If you really have a jones for casting illusion spells as a Druid, take a Contemplative level for the Illusion domain (PGtF) or Spell domain (FRCS). The latter gets you Anyspell, Greater Anyspell, and Limited Wish as a domain spell. Giving you a healthy selection of Bard & Wiz/Sorc spells (including most of the essential arcane illusion spells besides Shades). The Spell domain also gives you the Mage Armor spell - nice for when wildshaping...
The_Hanged_Man
Knight-Baron

Re: Complete Divine: Druids are better illusionists than ill

Post by The_Hanged_Man »

The Anyspell line of spell is just inane. As if clerics needed a powerup.