[Dom3]New MA Game

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

TNT90
NPC

Post by TNT90 »

Can I get another 6 hours, I'm quite busy today and probably won't be able to get my turn in till later tonight.

Want to make sure the time extension bit is seen and not ignored.

As for the discussion for my strategy, there's nothing to discuss because it is non-existent. Like I said this is my 1st MP game, I have no idea how to properly play this game. Tien'Chi is strong in the late game, that's good to know. I was more worried about the guy flinging lighting and thunder all over everywhere.
Tador
1st Level

Post by Tador »

Its also my First MP game. with only Players.

i have a few games played with friends agianst the AI.

so its very different now.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

I second the six hour extension. I was planning to take my turn after classes today, but what I'd like to do is sleep until I stop feeling like a zombie.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Its coming from me, so take it with an grain of salt.
But don't let yourself be pushed into something from Franks hyperbole. It's not as if he wasn't famous for it...

Oh, I can agree with most of his points, but I do not agree on his solutions (like, I dont think C'ties strategy was optimal, so he could have counceled C'ties). But I'm biased...

And while it looks good for me now, that can change fast.

--
T'ien Chi
TNT90
NPC

Post by TNT90 »

I managed to get mine in. Though it seems DSM still needs the extension.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

If I'm the only one holding it up, I'll just do mine now and then go pass out.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Just granted the extension.

As far as all the drama about who did what: Someone on this very forum once said that Dom3 turns you into a dick, and it does. I must confess to being one myself, despite my best intentions.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

At least Man's raiding force got destroyed to the last man (and commander)...
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Korwin wrote:At least Man's raiding force got destroyed to the last man (and commander)...
Don't worry - those were basically research dorks and some chaff I got for free off a random event. You think I'd actually spend GOLD recruiting troops? :tongue:
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Time too try too get rid of C'ties Pretender anyway, then I will have an new target.
Secret weapon comming online soon... stay tuned.

--
T'ien Chi
Drago0661
Master

Post by Drago0661 »

So yea, anyone actually gonna fight Tien Chi besides me? You know, before he "tries to get rid of" my pretender, and just wins the game because everyone ignores him.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

It seems that T'ien Ch'i wants to pick a fight with me. OK, I can handle that.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Mister_Sinister wrote:It seems that T'ien Ch'i wants to pick a fight with me. OK, I can handle that.
Wants? You attacked me. You caused my army to run out of gems against C'ties pretender. (That was the second time you attacked me)
[edit]: And you did not respond to my inquiry after the first attack. [/edit]

I would think thats enough cause.
You obviosly intend to not stop. So you need to be stoped.

--
T'ien Chi
Last edited by Korwin on Wed May 09, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
TNT90
NPC

Post by TNT90 »

Can I get an extension for 6 hours tomorrow? Just got out of work and I really don't want to think anymore for today and I don't think I'll get to do my turn until after 6pm tomorrow (big homework and midterm study day).
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Granted gladly.
TNT90
NPC

Post by TNT90 »

Took a brief look at my turn, good to know my armies are completely useless. Can't even get a round of spells off before my army routs due to 20-30 thunder strikes. Well technically I had two rounds before I routed, first round was communioning up and the second only half of them seemed to do anything and apparently my thugs flew away after buffing themselves. Seriously how the hell are you supposed to fight that?
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Half of them doing nothing are the communions slaves who are in the turn order after one master casted.

At least I think that happened.

Edit: my prefered way of figthing Lightning spam would be lightning immune SC's.
Last edited by Korwin on Thu May 10, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Korwin wrote: Edit: my prefered way of figthing Lightning spam would be lightning immune SC's.
Water casters have very nice SC shutdowns. Actually, does 100% cold immunity make you resistant to effect riders on cold spells? I.e., frozen whatever, the one that paralyzes someone with cold. Will cold immunity affect that?
TNT90
NPC

Post by TNT90 »

I know the slaves won't do anything. But it seemed when it came to actually cast spells only half the masters did anything, but then again that could have just been the sheer dis-proportionality of the number I had casting and he had casting.

But anyway, I suppose I can try to tie up this large force as long as possible for Ashdod or Abyssia to do some damage even though it's obvious its only a matter of time till I'm out since my armies are effectively useless.

My thugs are default 50% resistant to lighting and cold, if I could get them buffed and actually in combat I think I could do alright. Main issue is getting enough firebrands. That being said, if either Abyssia or Ashdod has an extra one laying about, I could sure use it.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Elemental Armor would push those 50% to 100%.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Whats up Man? You stalled...

Edit: Btw. what are the winning conditions? VP's? If yes, how many? Since
Frank has two of em and there are only 3 more...
Reread the first page but did not see the winning condition.
Last edited by Korwin on Sun May 13, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Korwin wrote:Edit: Btw. what are the winning conditions? VP's? If yes, how many? Since
Frank has two of em and there are only 3 more...
Reread the first page but did not see the winning condition.
As far as I know, it's "decimate everyone else."
Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

TNT,

You're playing Pythium, right? You should be able to cast Thunder Ward or Storm Warriors if you have the Enchantment researched. You may need to Communion to do it, which is rough because you really want it turn 1. Remember that you can get +1 path from gems so all you need is an A1 with gems to pull off a turn one thunder ward and a A3 for storm warriors. Less if you can forge some Master and Slave Matrices. (E1S1 item).

Having chaff to soak up the lightning helps, especially high-HP chaff. During battle even an N1 mage can make a ton of decoys with Swarm at Alt4. Give them 5 or 6 gems and they cast it three times in a row--an N2 won't even need that many gems. For Rituals, try making Vine Ogres or Wooden Constructions if you have a big Nature cater, or some of the various statue dudes you can make with Earth.

I also believe, though I'm not certain, that Arrow Fend can actually block all projectiles, including lightning spells.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

There are no victory conditions. The game progresses until someone forces a surrender by making the game too irritating or demoralizing to play. The game will probably be won by someone building up a war chest and casting Utterdark or something.
I also believe, though I'm not certain, that Arrow Fend can actually block all projectiles, including lightning spells.
Nope. Air Shield stops things that are blocked by shields. I think it stops Flying Shards, but it definitely does fuck all against Thunder Strike. Arrow Fend is a great spell, but it is literally exactly the same as Air Shield on all your units. And it is similarly ineffective against AoE evocations of any kind.

-Username17
TNT90
NPC

Post by TNT90 »

Ah, thanks. I did not even realize those spells existed. Hopefully I can use those here soon when I have them researched.