where should D&D or 5e be?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

shadzar
Prince

where should D&D or 5e be?

Post by shadzar »

D&D started with MEdieval FAntasy and AD&D kept that at core while exploring the many settings to give a larger range.

3rd somewhat kept to Medieval with a stronger lean towards fantasy, and 4th went to comic book fantasy.

racism was brought up in more than one thread recently as for why certain thigns arent PCs, so where should D&D and 5e end up?

on a world that sees the monsters as monsters, or more on a world, where there is no real monsters and everyone just walks around with everyone else because the populations are all mingling together and only the ones who act badly in the population are treated badly?...or different?

i like the origins better myself as i like stories set in medieval times. if it looks mostly human then it can get by in society without much animosity or disdain from everyone else.

having it that way at the core, allows more control of a certain type or game or story, but EASILY allows someone to say: "orcs arent all evil in this world and they get along with people. so half-orc doesnt need the tired backstory."

so where should the core world be designed? a place with human-centric ideas so that a monster is easily seen as a monsters, or with broader ideas so that more creatures are walking around accepted in society?
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)