Question about cross-posting

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

echoVanguard
Knight-Baron

Question about cross-posting

Post by echoVanguard »

We're going to be posting a playtest invitation soon (most likely in the IMOI forum with a link to the rules PDF), but I'm a little concerned that not all folks browse that forum. Is there any rule against posting a cross-link in IMHO to the playtesting post in IMOI? I browsed the rules thread, but I didn't see anything to that effect.

echo
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

There isn't, but it's probably better if you post the link in an actual post on a thread already about that topic instead of creating a thread that will only be a link to another thread.

I am not a moderator, so take that comment as an opinion on what is most appropriate instead of about what will get you in trouble.
Last edited by Kaelik on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

I'm not gonna pretend to say anything about the rules around here, but you'll likely get the best ratio of responses to annoyance with a plan of

1. Post one thread per topic*.

2. Add a descriptive link to the thread you want to pimip in you siggy.

3. Bring the game up when it's relevant in general abstract rule discussions. Example: " My game <link goes here> handles skill challenges differently, we use <system goes here> and I think it's better because <rationalization goes here>" is a totally valid contribution to the current skill challenge explanation and debate thread.

4. Encourage your players to do #2 and #3 themselves.
* Admittedly, what constitutes a "topic" is bit of a grey area. There are currently multiple games that take up multiple threads accross forums with things like one rule discussion or denizen suggestion thread in IHMO, one formalized rules thread for players in IMOI, and one gamelog thread posted in ITT and such. So far nobody really complains about those
Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Kaelik wrote:There isn't, but it's probably better if you post the link in an actual post on a thread already about that topic instead of creating a thread that will only be a link to another thread.
Let's go with that.
[/The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
echoVanguard
Knight-Baron

Post by echoVanguard »

Understood.

echo