Spambots on the Prowl

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

tzor
Prince

Spambots on the Prowl

Post by tzor »

Assuming (getting spammed) is going to continue, I strongly suggest that we either prohibit guest postings or find a way to prohibit posting of html in posts. I don't think the latter is possible, so we may need the former. But only a spam bot would be stupid enough to realize that html code doesn't work on a bbboy server.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Re: Spambots on the Prowl

Post by fbmf »

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
You may notice the announcement up top about my disabling Guest Posting in some of the forums. MPSIMS and IMHO get the most traffic, and Unregistered Guests chime in with stuff that is (at least most of the time) worth reading. I am extremely reluctant to knock out Guest posting in those forums for that reason.

I should point out that the spamming here is a lot better (meaning it happens less often) than it used to be, and that spam IPs are collected and given over to BBBoy for global banning.

In short, continue to report it when you see it, and Ramnza and I will try to stay on top of it.

Regards,
Gaming Den Management
[/TGFBS]
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

...Also, spammers sometimes use actual bbboy accounts, so...
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Spammers are nothing if not persistent in their goal of spreading public nuisance.
nova88
NPC

Post by nova88 »

Captain Bleach is hereby renamed Captain Obvious