Happy Birthday, Gaming Den!

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Happy Birthday, Gaming Den!

Post by fbmf »

Tomorrow, 26 November, 2006, The Gaming Den will be three years old.

:jump:

Thanks to all the members and guests who make it great.

As to all the spammers: Your mothers are cows.

Game On,
fbmf
Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

Re: Happy Birthday, Gaming Den!

Post by Ramnza »

A very merry birthday to us.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Happy birthday Gaming Den. :D
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Yay for The Place that Frank Hangs Out™!

-Crissa
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

Congrats, all. And thanks for running the forum, fbmf.

fbmf wrote:As to all the spammers: Your mothers are cows.

How appropriate, because they post like diary farmers.
PhaedrusXY
Journeyman

Post by PhaedrusXY »

So is this like... where all the cool people post?

Also, how do I change my freakin' password? I don't like having to remember something like ScliKp8oiseP.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

PhaedrusXY at [unixtime wrote:1169174312[/unixtime]]Also, how do I change my freakin' password? I don't like having to remember something like ScliKp8oiseP.

User CP -> Edit Settings button -> scroll to the bottom for the field
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
PhaedrusXY
Journeyman

Post by PhaedrusXY »

Zherog at [unixtime wrote:1169176135[/unixtime]] User CP -> Edit Settings button -> scroll to the bottom for the field
Many thanks. :bow:
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

The Gaming Den is five years old today.

Thanks to all the regulars, mods, and background techies-folks who have kept it up and running.

Game On,
fbmf
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Happy birthday! Yeah!
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Congratulations and thanks for putting up with us still. Insert any apologies needed here. :D
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Talisman
Duke

Post by Talisman »

Yay! Party at Frank's place!
:jump:
MartinHarper wrote:Babies are difficult to acquire in comparison to other sources of nutrition.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Fvck that. Without the motherfvcker of fencebuilding, Frank wouldn't even have where to post for any substantial amount of time. :D
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

I think it was that Frank was hosting the party for the fence builder, not that the fence builder's place was Frank's.

-Crissa
Talisman
Duke

Post by Talisman »

I was referring to Crissa's earlier post and implying that we were all going to invite ourselves to Frank's place for a party...whether he knew it or not.

Hell, I don't care, Let's just party somewhere. How 'bout your place, Bigode?
MartinHarper wrote:Babies are difficult to acquire in comparison to other sources of nutrition.
Neeeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeeek »

Talisman wrote:I was referring to Crissa's earlier post and implying that we were all going to invite ourselves to Frank's place for a party...whether he knew it or not.
That's all fine and good, but the plane fare to Prague might be a little steep.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Talisman wrote:Hell, I don't care, Let's just party somewhere. How 'bout your place, Bigode?
With people having to either go to the opposite side of America (you know, the continent), cross the Pacific, or something else (say, come from Eastern Europe), I somewhy doubt actual interest exists. Anyway, I still need to get a camera and prove Fael's near. :D

That said, someone needs to get the date of the fence builders' marriage for next year(s).
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Ramnza and I were married June 28, 2008.

Game On,
fbmf
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

I'll attempt to remember to check back here next year. :D
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

The Gaming Den turns six this week.

Thanks to all the regulars, especially those who have been with us since the early days.

Thanks to all the mods, former and current.

Thanks to Z and Neil, who keep the lights on for us.

[/The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

Time for it to go to pre-school. The parents finally get some quiet in the mornings.
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Pre-school? Age six is when kids should be in first grade.

Congrats to TGD and thanx to the mods and admins!

:maj:
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Ahhh, the things that have happened since I started participating on RPG forums (I track it that way since I met so many denizens first at WotC, then at Nifty... it has been like an evolution or migration). So many mile stones.

Graduated college with an expensive yet near useless degree, got fired from a job for the first time, met my first wife, got married, adopted 3 stray cats, and had my first kid.

Good times. Happy birthday, Denny. Tis fun having a place to share.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

The den is, as always, awesome. I'm glad to have a place to say things and know people will hold my ideas to the flame, not my popularity or language.

-Crissa
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Happy birthday TGD. Thanks for creating it, mofo.