Time Zones

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Time Zones

Post by Prak »

Pretty much anytime Koumei starts a game people who're interested have to stop and say "wait, what time is that outside of Oz?" Ok, it happens to a lesser extent when others try to start a game, too.

To that end, I worked up a spreadsheet of UTC time zones, uploaded it to Google Docs and allowed anyone with the link to edit so that if people want, they can comment on columns to say they're in a particular time zone. Times in light grey mean "Previous day of week from UTC+" and dark grey means "Next day from UTC-".

Thought this might be of some use, possibly something to sticky.

Time Zone Spreadsheet
Last edited by Prak on Sun May 29, 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I think it would make more sense for the whole world to have one time zone - and the sun to just rise at 4PM in some places, and other places having 1-9 jobs being normal.

Surely that would make life easier for everyone coordinating things around the world? No, I'm not saying we should all do that, nor implying people here can influence global times, just... it would be nice.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

That's Zulu time. Aviation runs on it.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

While useful, this thread has served its purpose.

[/The Great Fence Builder Speaks]