Charisma Druid?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

User3
Prince

Charisma Druid?

Post by User3 »

I've seen talk either here (the Gaming Den) or on Nifty regarding the Druid having the capability of actually being a good "Party Face". Yet I never saw the mechanics to back it up. Nor did I see what mix of high Charismas, spells, magic items, and feats were used to make such a Druid. And typically, Charismas is a dump stat for a Druid.

Could anyone enlighten me as to how to make a Social Druid?

I ask, because my next campaign will entail me playing a Druid in a 4 person party - and the other 3 characters will all be dumping Charisma. :ohwell:

Thanks for your help!

User3
Prince

Re: Charisma Druid?

Post by User3 »

Diplomacy is a class skill for druids. You have 4 skill points/level. Your strength, dex, and con are all replaced when you wildshape, hence they are all dumb stats, which leaves you with plenty of points to spare for raising your Charisma.

There are probably other reasons too, but I don't know what the hell they are.
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

Err dump stats, not dumb. Heh.
Essence
Knight-Baron

Post by Essence »

Don't leave off the fact that the Druid gets Charm Person or Animal, meaning that they can force themselves into the face roll even if they don't have skill points in Diplomacy.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Or that Druids get a class feature that essentially allows them to use diplomacy on even those monsters normally immune.

A druid has no particular need for Strength, Dex, or Con, so they can end up with their number 2 and number 3 stats in Charisma and Intelligence. This makes them just as good a face as anyone except maybe a Bard - and Bards can't use diplomacy on Basilisks.

Further, a Druid has absolutely no need of "weapons" or any of that expensive stuff that other melee combat users are flushing all their cash on - and thus ends up with one of the largest chunks of discretionary income. This money can be ported directly over into circlets of persuasion and stuff if that's what ytou want to do.

-Username17
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

thanks to everyone (especially Frank) for all the keen insight on how to make this work.

Love,
The Original Poster :biggrin: