[NEWS] News about news organizations; laugh cry or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

tzor
Prince

[NEWS] News about news organizations; laugh cry or both.

Post by tzor »

NPR CEO Vivian Schiller Resigns : The Two-Way : NPR
NPR President and CEO Vivian Schiller has resigned after NPR's board of directors decided that she could no longer effectively lead the organization.

This follows Tuesday's news that then-NPR fundraiser Ron Schiller (no relation) was videotaped slamming conservatives and questioning whether NPR needs federal funding during a lunch with men posing as members of a Muslim organization (they were working with political activist James O'Keefe on a "sting").
And yes, the comments are priceless.

Edit: I figured I should add this gem from the HufPo Vivian Schiller Created This Blow-Back
In the U.S., there is no need for government sponsored media -- there are plenty of independent and private news outlets to choose from. Having multiple news sources is the only way to get the real story anyway. Anyone listening to or reading one news source is being spun. Every news organization, albeit every reporter, carries bias into news reporting. Left leaning news organizations, as well as right leaning ones, can give a great perspective if multiple news outlets are used to fully inform. It's scary when an American believes their preferred news source is the only unbiased coverage.
Last edited by tzor on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.