Dom3: Revenge of the Den

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

llamaserver seems to be fine for now. Akula, have you tried sending in your turn?
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

I declared on Ermor this turn. Details when I wake up.

Not much to report, the 1st Marignon regulars encountered minimal resistance in Emryc. What few shambling abominations that they did encounter were swiftly obliterated by the holy fires called down by grand inquisitors Ermines and Guillom. Some lingering death cultists are still in the province, but we expect them to be put to the torch as the people see the light of the true god.
Last edited by Akula on Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rabelais
Journeyman

Post by Rabelais »

Oh there you are Ermor. Feel free to diplo, but I must admit some distaste at your powerful dominion so near my subjects.
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

Interesting turn. Any reaction from Mighty Ermor on recent events?
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Will need to wait a bit before I can see the turn, but from the scores, it seems things went as planned.

Which honestly surprised me.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Well my plans did not work, according to the scores...
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

jimbojones1971 wrote:Interesting turn. Any reaction from Mighty Ermor on recent events?
We are offended by this act of unwarranted, unprovoked, and hot-blooded aggression. At least no lives were lost.
rabelais wrote:Oh there you are Ermor. Feel free to diplo, but I must admit some distaste at your powerful dominion so near my subjects.
Well, what's your price for an NAP? I can offer gems of various flavors, or promise not to build temples on your border, or similar. Let me know what you want.
Last edited by angelfromanotherpin on Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Breaking News from the Bards News Network!

Chelms Siezes the Province of Scytha! Patalan Empire Split in Half!

After a month of inactivity, the forces of Chelms finally launched its counter-offensive against the Patalan invasion. In a daring daytime assault, several regiments led by Lord Warden Frithestan attacked the province of Scytha.

Despite being severely outnumbered by Patalan militia forces and the mercenary human bowmen, the Chelmian forces methodically shot their opposing numbers to pieces. The Markata and Atavi infantry were routed before they could close in to melee, while the mercnary archers were eventually driven off by mounting losses.

As a result, casualties were catastrophically one-sided. Only a single longbowman was killed on the Chelmian side, albeit his death caused the rest of his skirmishing squad to rout. The Patalans by contrast lost all of their militia troops and a third of their archers.

With this victory, control of Scytha has passed from Patala to Man. The Patalan empire has now been split in half, with the northern armies cut off from their capital in the south.

The question that now remains is whether or not Chelms can follow up on this victory and end the war quickly by taking the Patalan capital. Chelmian leaders in the capital thus far have remained guarded with their comments. They have instead continued to emphasize their new peace initiatives with their other neighbors - particularly the peace treaty with Agartha that was formalized last month.

Even Lord Warden Fristhetan - commenting to a BNN correspondent - said, "This victory owed more to luck than anything else. We caught the 'talans with their pants down. I doubt we'll have another opportunity like this again. More hard fighting will lie ahead."

An unidentified soldier seemed to agree with his commander, saying, "Man for man, we can beat those monkeys any day of the week. High caste or low caste, it doesn't matter. We fear them not."

"But we do fear their elephants."
Last edited by Zinegata on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

I'm so fucked...
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

In other news today, Caelum's prophet was found dead in Atlantis during a sightseeing tour. Both sides expressed regret at the incident, and in response Caelum's public safety officials are starting a new "Don't drink and fly" initiative.
Last edited by Shiritai on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K
King

Post by K »

Looks like someone's Void Lord just got cursed and murdered with extreme prejudice. Here's hoping those seven afflictions come off when your priests are done Calling him back ("Lost his life-draining tentacle" is a new one to me). Shame about him no longer having Water magic.

Sooo.... looks like I'm back in the game.

Anyone want to send me blood slaves so I can Dom kill him?
Last edited by K on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gnosticism Is A Hoot
Knight

Post by Gnosticism Is A Hoot »

Shiritai wrote:In other news today, Caelum's prophet was found dead in Atlantis during a sightseeing tour. Both sides expressed regret at the incident, and in response Caelum's public safety officials are starting a new "Don't drink and fly" initiative.
I lol'd :tongue:
The soul is the prison of the body.

- Michel Foucault, Discipline & Punish
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Chelms does not have blood slaves and abhors its use, but otherwise welcomes this initiative to destroy the squidfaced menace.

Chelms also sends its condolences to the nation of Caelum for the lost of its prophet.
K
King

Post by K »

I wonder if "Life-draining tentacle" is a euphemism for squid penis? He had more than one tentacle attack but only one affliction seems to have taken them all out.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Exercising your "Craft: Disturbing Image" skill is considered an act of war in some quarters :p
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Sorry for being the anchor on two consecutive turns guys. I have been kinda dom3ed out, what with unsuccessful mod coding. And this is my first MP war. kinda worried about rushing the turn and making a mistake.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

This is also my first MP war too and I'm on pins and needles. Especially now that I finally got a turn that didn't go exactly as planned.

Kinda annoying that I have to wait a couple of hours before I get an actual look at the turn though. Looks like Patala finally managed to win a battle :p (Maybe we can get a confirmation from the Ramayana News Network?)
TheNotSoEvilNecromancer
Journeyman

Post by TheNotSoEvilNecromancer »

Guess that makes three of us on our first MP game.

In other news, heavy cavalry are the worst, just the worst. They are terrible people and I hate them.
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

Make that at least four. I only bought the game in the first place because it was being hyped as so fun around here.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Breaking News from the Bards News Network!

Patalans Victorious in the Black Alps! Chelmian Armies Routed!

Chelmian officials today have revealed that Lord Warden Frithestan, victor of Scytha, was killed today in the Black Alps along with most of his army.

Frithestan reportedly launched his attack hoping to reach the Patalan capital and end this war quickly. Instead, his force met a Patalan army led by seven war elephants. Despite heavy missile fire, the elephants quickly closed in and smashed through the center of the Chelmian lines. Lord Frithestan was killed trying to rally his troops, and with his death the army loss heart and fell back.

Chelmian leaders urged their citizens to remain calm despite the setback, and assure the public that the losses in the campaign had already been made good by replacements recruited over the past month.

Morale among the surviving troops also remain high. A Chelmian soldier, soaked in blood and carrying the shattered helmet of Lord Frithestan, walked past one of our bards and said, "To hell with the monkeys and their elephants. We may have lost this battle, but we're gonna win this war!"
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Turn Sent. Either this will be glorious, or I am fucked.
Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Yeah, it's my first time doing an MP too. It just looked so damn interesting in this board's discussion.

And I am not disappointed.

Well, maybe a little, but that's only due to a second-month ill-omen in my capital :P
Last edited by Shiritai on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

Shiritai wrote:Yeah, it's my first time doing an MP too. It just looked so damn interesting in this board's discussion.

And I am not disappointed.

Well, maybe a little, but that's only due to a second-month ill-omen in my capital :P
Yeah, when that happens it's like getting bent over a table and fucked up the butt.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Pffft. Complaining about a random event? I have a dozen elephants coming after my ass! :p
jimbojones1971
Journeyman

Post by jimbojones1971 »

cthulhu wrote:Yeah, when that happens it's like getting bent over a table and fucked up the butt.
Thank you for bringing your unique perspective and extensive life experience to this discussion :ugone2far:

Back to Zingata's earlier comment, its been a while since I was last hit by a hurricane or had Ermorian death cultists pop up next to my capital, so I am waiting with baited breath to see what happens next.