NEW FEATURE: Ignore User

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Parthenon
Knight-Baron

Post by Parthenon »

How possible would it be to have like, Kaelik, Zinegata and ubernoob automatically ignore Crissa, Ganbare and whoever elses posts and vice versa? Not showing that there is a post and letting you click to read the actual post, but not seeing that post at all? So that they have to actively log out, read it, copy and paste as needed, log back in and then reply to have an argument.

Because it seems everyone is having bullshit arguments and bringing discussion from thread to thread and shitting all over the forum.

Not permanently, just for a couple of weeks or so, since making it not worth arguing for a couple of weeks may reduce the threadshitting.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Would it be possible to expand this to an 'ignore thread' feature? This would alleviate the issue of repeatedly checking a board when a single thread that you don't care about (say, Dominions of the Den) keeps accumulating posts.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

I'd like to second this idea, for the same reason.
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

CatharzGodfoot wrote:Would it be possible to expand this to an 'ignore thread' feature? This would alleviate the issue of repeatedly checking a board when a single thread that you don't care about (say, Dominions of the Den) keeps accumulating posts.
it is possible with the software as that phpbbhack exists for this version.

likewise i would like for this feature as well...never really got why they decided to add usergroups but leave out ignore functions by default.
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Forwarded to the IT Department.
[/TGFBS]
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

fbmf wrote:[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Forwarded to the IT Department.
[/TGFBS]
Thanks for looking into it.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

While we're at that, is it possible to add the "view newest post" link (what "Image" points at) to the thread marker (Image)?
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

After the recent rehash of the dog-rape argument. I would like to say that the ignore thread feature would be awesome.

Thanks for working on it, guys.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Sign me up for wanting to ignore any and all future dog-rape threads.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

I may have missed it, but is there some way to take a user of your ignore list?
TarkisFlux
Duke

Post by TarkisFlux »

There's a link in the first post in this thread. Zherog has it in all caps and everything.
The wiki you should be linking to when you need a wiki link - http://www.dnd-wiki.org

Fectin: "Ant, what is best in life?"
Ant: "Ethically, a task well-completed for the good of the colony. Experientially, endorphins."
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Juton wrote:I may have missed it, but is there some way to take a user of your ignore list?
Other than that, the quick and dirty way is to put any one random person on ignore, and then follow the link on the page after that, which brings you to your ignore list. You can then remove that random person plus the other one you wanted to remove.

It's a kludge, but it works.
Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

Thanks.
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

Post by Desdan_Mervolam »

I wonder if it's possible to change the ignore message to "You are ignoring [Poster], Click this Schmuck Bait to read their post"

Cuz I keep clicking that box, and it never gets any better afterwards :tonguesmilie:
Don't bother trying to impress gamers. They're too busy trying to impress you to care.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I'm wondering if it's possible for a person to be sent message telling them they've been ignored. Not necessarily by whom, just that another person has put them on ignore. The ignorer gets to hope the ignored is shamed into being less of an asshole, the ignored gets to giggle in their immaturity at having chased off another "idiot."
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Prak, I think timing would make it patently obvious who was doing the ignoring in most such cases. And that means anonymous messages would be pointless. Unlike some others I visit, this forum doesn't have any sort of taboo against saying "I'm going to ignore <<ignoramus>> if he keeps this up" or "why the hell aren't you folks ignoring <<asshole>>, he never has anything to say" in actual posts, so if you somehow think doing so might shame someone, go nuts.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

For some reason the more passive aggressive "You have been ignored" message appeals to my mind more. I don't know why, it's just a momentary whim.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Vebyast
Knight-Baron

Post by Vebyast »

Josh_Kablack wrote:Prak, I think timing would make it patently obvious who was doing the ignoring in most such cases.
The classic solution is to delay the notification long enough to make it ambiguous which argument prompted which person to ignore you.
Josh_Kablack wrote:Unlike some others I visit, this forum doesn't have any sort of taboo against saying "I'm going to ignore <<ignoramus>> if he keeps this up" or "why the hell aren't you folks ignoring <<asshole>>, he never has anything to say" in actual posts, so if you somehow think doing so might shame someone, go nuts.
That's true; on the other hand, someone has requested the feature, suggesting that there are people around that don't want to publicly announce their actions like that. I'd certainly appreciate the option if I had reason to ignore someone.

Probably moot anyway.
Last edited by Vebyast on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:There are two things you can learn from the Gaming Den:
1) Good design practices.
2) How to be a zookeeper for hyper-intelligent shit-flinging apes.
Xur
Apprentice

Post by Xur »

Is it possible for the boards to have a weird hickup so like80% of all prominent posters are ignored? I am totally sure I had like 2-3 people max. on my list and now when I log in, almost everyone is in there. I didn't do it.
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

I'd like to edit my ignore list, but I can't find it. :(

Am I failing to notice something obvious?

Thanks.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Fwib wrote:I'd like to edit my ignore list, but I can't find it. :(

Am I failing to notice something obvious?

Thanks.
It's always been kind of impossible to find normally, but if you ignore a user you haven't previously, you can then click on the link that shows up briefly in the transition page and get to the list itself, where you can then edit your ignore list.

Looks like the url when logged in might also just be "www.tgdmb.com/ignore.php" which seems to take you to it.
Last edited by Kaelik on Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

URL worked. Thanks.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

This seems an appropriate place to put this...

For whatever strange reason, I've found that two users - kaelik and Adventurer's Almanac - had been added to my ignored user list... despite the fact that I never added them to it. I didn't even click the ignore button.

Is this some weird glitch/bug, or am I being vexed by a tablet demon? Because I certainly didn't do anything.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

Maybe we're just assholes and the site is taking care of the problem for you.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Holy hell it happened again! The minute I entered this thread BAM! "You have this user on ignore". BUT I DON'T! Damn this is irritating.

I think I may have an idea, however: it might be that since I use a small tablet for my internets, and touch screen interfaces are ass-garbage, my mighty meaty fingers are accidentally pressing the ignore button... by accident.

Or perhaps I have a digital poltergeist. Either way... fucking technology never working the way it should.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee