Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Surgo
Duke

Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Post by Surgo »

My friend who lives in Utah saw this in a parking lot the other day and snapped a picture. What contrasting messages!

Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

I ran into this gif made using the Tales of Symphonia anime a while ago. Just found it in my files during some hard-drive space clearing. I am mildly disappointed at Forcystus' blastan arm looking less like a baguette. This is giving me some probably stupid ideas for characters I could introduce in one or more ongoing campaigns. Particularly the D&D one where one of the PCs has been turned into a Mega Man parody.

RobbyPants
King

Re: Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Post by RobbyPants »

Surgo wrote:My friend who lives in Utah saw this in a parking lot the other day and snapped a picture. What contrasting messages!
Well, it's not necessarily conflicting; it's just the Republican party would like you to believe that. Now, I know next to nothing about the differences in beliefs from the Mormons and other Christians, but if you just look at what Jesus said, he comes off as pretty liberal.

My aunt got a bumper sticker just for that reason: "Christian and a Democrat."

Still, back on topic: that is a funny picture. No one will read all of that text outside of a parking lot.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Robby, I may not know anything about X, but X sure doesn't contradict Y.

The Mormon church differs from regular Christiany stuff in that they explicitly believe that Joseph Smith was a Prophet, and that their current head of Church is basically as much a Conduit to God as Catholics think the Pope is.

So to see the important differences, you have to ask what those people say.

And the answer is that Joseph Smith is a filthy bastard who hated women, and said that minorities are black (or red, or tan) because of a curse from God, and that shit. Also women are supposed to be men's bitches in the kitchen.

And the current Porphet isn't much better. Oh sure, they at least have to pretend not be total asshats, like Catholics, but men are still the only ones who can really really understand God, and so Women should just do what they say, also, Blacks are okay, as long as the know they are cursed, and strive to be better so that they can be purified after they die.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Kaelik wrote:And the answer is that Joseph Smith is a filthy bastard who hated women, and said that minorities are black (or red, or tan) because of a curse from God, and that shit. Also women are supposed to be men's bitches in the kitchen.
He was also a convicted fraud and paedophile IIRC. Which makes him a really reliable prophet.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Koumei wrote:He was also a convicted fraud and paedophile IIRC. Which makes him a really reliable prophet.
It seems pretty obvious to me that God only talks to people who have sex with children.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Does this mean that those who don't get messages from god/the drugs have yet another reason to feel good about themselves?
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

He was also a convicted fraud and paedophile IIRC

Yeah, so?

Mohandas K Ghandi fucked a 14 year old before going on to be jailed on two different continents.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Ganbare Gincun
Duke

Post by Ganbare Gincun »

Josh_Kablack wrote:
He was also a convicted fraud and paedophile IIRC

Yeah, so?

Mohandas K Ghandi fucked a 14 year old before going on to be jailed on two different continents.
Wasn't he 13 years old when he was married to his 14 year old bride? We're basically talking about children having children, right? You know, like the American South. :lol:
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

If I recall correctly, this thread is about image macros, not pedophilia.

Last edited by Psychic Robot on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
Chamomile wrote:Ant, what do we do about Psychic Robot?
You do not seem to do anything.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

no, I'm pretty sure he fucked 14 year olds while an adult. Or... not quite molested with something vaguely approaching consent 14 year olds while an adult. He was a dirty old bastard, according to P&T's Bullshit.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Ganbare Gincun
Duke

Post by Ganbare Gincun »

Psychic Robot wrote:If I recall correctly, this thread is about image macros, not pedophilia.
Image macros and the subject of pedophilia are deeply intertwined here on the internet. Mayhaps you have heard of this "Pedobear" fellow? :lol:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

technically we're talking about ephebophilia, not pedophilia...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Ganbare Gincun
Duke

Post by Ganbare Gincun »

Prak_Anima wrote:no, I'm pretty sure he fucked 14 year olds while an adult. Or... not quite molested with something vaguely approaching consent 14 year olds while an adult. He was a dirty old bastard, according to P&T's Bullshit.
False alarm, people. He apparently didn't molest young girls. He just slept with naked women and gave young girls enemas. Totally normal shit here, people, move along, nothing to see here. :lol:
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

I had no idea that CielingCat was a meme...
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Yep.

I the first image I saw, though, ceiling was misspelled as "cieling" and it was watching you masturbate.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Psychic Robot
Prince

Post by Psychic Robot »

Count Arioch wrote:I'm not sure how discussions on whether PR is a terrible person or not is on-topic.
Ant wrote:
Chamomile wrote:Ant, what do we do about Psychic Robot?
You do not seem to do anything.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Count Arioch the 28th
King

In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Red_Rob
Prince

Post by Red_Rob »

Simplified Tome Armor.

Tome item system and expanded Wish Economy rules.

Try our fantasy card game Clash of Nations! Available via Print on Demand.

“Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” - Voltaire
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

violence in the media
Duke

Post by violence in the media »

violence in the media
Duke

Post by violence in the media »