Proposed Game: Desire and the Dead (Tome)

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

My responses in order:
-Nymon did anything? (granted, I think I forgot the colour spray due to my tl;so I'll skim inclinations...)
-There were tactics? (I certainly hadn't actually strategized for anything specific, I was concerned the IPs would be too strong for us, hence why I resisted taking a swing at her earlier)

I think it went fine, I figured she was low level or otherwise not as powerful as Baldraxe, and was brought down because we managed to connect despite low rolls, because we were using the meagre tactics we were (happenstance though they may be on my end)
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Prak_Anima wrote:My responses in order:
-Nymon did anything? (granted, I think I forgot the colour spray due to my tl;so I'll skim inclinations...)
Blinding Color Surge. It's a spell, you make yourself invisible for one round and shoot a bolt at a single target that may temporarily blind it. Nymon threw out a light debuff that simultaneously let him cower more effectively.
Prak_Anima wrote:-There were tactics? (I certainly hadn't actually strategized for anything specific, I was concerned the IPs would be too strong for us, hence why I resisted taking a swing at her earlier)
You avoided getting in a straight fight in the open, managed to persuade Nymon that you were friendly, and faced the incoming group on ground where you had a definite terrain advantage and magical support. I wasn't sure whether or not your were going to fight, but the hiding spot and the party's initial passivity let them take the enemies by surprise.
Prak_Anima wrote:I think it went fine, I figured she was low level or otherwise not as powerful as Baldraxe, and was brought down because we managed to connect despite low rolls, because we were using the meagre tactics we were (happenstance though they may be on my end)
That's pretty much it. The whole group would have been a nasty challenge in a straight fight, but their hired mercenary wasn't good enough to make the rest of them redundant. She'd also taken damage in the fight earlier she hadn't bothered healing yet.

You took Shokal out in 3 rounds, but I tend to speed through things a couple of rounds at a time, so as to keep combat encounters from dragging out too long. Good to hear things are going reasonably well.
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

yeah, I forgot about the colour spray (or rather, what I thought was colour spray before you clarified) until I was typing up the second paragraph. and I didn't see my rudimentary decisions to not engage a large force in the open or force my way into the shop of a caster of unknown power as tactics, I define the term a bit differently.

but yeah, I had no problem with the way things went.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Biggest regret after officially ending this game: Not getting to run the Doom House scenario I cooked up. There was going to be a Team Evil entity that had been trapped in the "haunted house" for years and wanted help to get out. This would pave the way for an "I'm so... board!". Fortunately, this concept is reusable. I may shoehorn it into another game or rewrite the house as a one-shot module.