Perhaps a Flames Forum?

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Calibron
Knight-Baron

Perhaps a Flames Forum?

Post by Calibron »

Given recent developments and the general semi-hostile tone the board has always had, perhaps it would be a good idea to have a forum specifically for when arguments get too heated and personal. Something to stop stupid shit from ruining otherwise good threads, without having to prune or outright delete things. Whenever I've seen a board implement something like this it's never done more harm than good. Just a suggestion.
Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

That's an interesting idea, I'd actually love to see how it works out. You mention that other boards have implemented this, I'm curious how they handled this, could you provide some links to those forums?
mean_liar
Duke

Post by mean_liar »

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20

I've mostly seen it as a forum dumping ground, where the mods put shitty threads to die and otherwise don't mod that particular forum at all.
Last edited by mean_liar on Tue May 04, 2010 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

I don't like the idea.

-Crissa
Gelare
Knight-Baron

Post by Gelare »

I don't think it's necessary, unless fbmf's hands are getting tired from wielding those pruning shears.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I don't even think it would help that very much.
Last edited by Gelare on Wed May 05, 2010 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

There has been a high quantity of bullshit. Most of the threads in mundane and pointless shit and have become tedious and annoying shit. What the fuck are people even arguing about? It's monumentally retarded.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Crissa wrote:I don't like the idea.

-Crissa
[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Me neither.
[/TGFBS]

FWIW, if you want an example, the Straight Dope Message Board used to have a forum called the BBQ Pit for Exactly the purpose you describe.
hogarth
Prince

Post by hogarth »

fbmf wrote:FWIW, if you want an example, the Straight Dope Message Board used to have a forum called the BBQ Pit for Exactly the purpose you describe.
Still does.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

hogarth wrote:
fbmf wrote:FWIW, if you want an example, the Straight Dope Message Board used to have a forum called the BBQ Pit for Exactly the purpose you describe.
Still does.
I suspected, but was to lazy to verify.

Game On,
fbmf

[TGFBS]
This thread has served its purpose.
[/TGFBS]
Last edited by fbmf on Thu May 06, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.