aWoD: Hunted in Pittsburgh

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

DragonChild
Knight-Baron

aWoD: Hunted in Pittsburgh

Post by DragonChild »

This is the general thread for my aWoD game. Unlike most run so far, this one is actually starting with Luminary PCs. Just as a note, these characters are so-far unfinished, and I realize that.

Character Name: Alexis Livingston
Played by: Jenni
Concept: Altruistic nurse
Alexis Livingston
Luminary

Attributes:

Physical-
Strength: 2
Agility: 2

Mental-
Intuition: 4
Logic: 3

Social-
Charisma: 4
Willpower: 2

Special-
Edge:

Active Skills: 3 skills, 1 specialization unspent

Physical- 11
Athletics:
Combat: 1
Drive: 5
Larceny: 4 (Hiding Objects)
Perception: 4
Stealth:
Survival:

Social- 21 (3 unspent)
Animal Ken:
Bureaucracy: 3
Empathy: 6
Expression: 2
Intimidation: 1
Persuasion: 6
Tactics: 3

Technical- 16
Artisan:
Electronics: 4 (Software)
Rigging:
Medicine: 6 (First Aid, Long Term Care)
Operations:
Research: 4 (Medical Journals)
Sabotage: 2 (Disabling Stuff)

Backgrounds:

Academic-
Anatomy 6
Chemistry 4
Medical Research 4

Social-
Big city life 3
Low income populations 3
Medical Professionals 5

Occult- Drug trade 2

Resources:

Assets

Contacts

Finances- House: 2, Car: 1

Science- Hospital Equipment: 3, Access to drugs 2

Obligations:

Duty- Hospital Worker: 2

Character Name: Elian Skuld
Played by: Qaenyin
Concept: Electrical engineer-turned-thief-turned clockmaker

Elian Skuld
Luminary

Attributes:

Physical-
Strength:1
Agility:3

Mental-
Intuition:5
Logic:3

Social-
Charisma:3
Willpower:2

Special-
Edge:3
Power:
Potency:

Active Skills:

Physical-
Athletics:0
Combat:2
Drive:3(Light Aircraft, Oversized, Motorcycles)
Larceny:2
Perception:4
Stealth:0
Survival:0

Social-
Animal Ken:0
Bureaucracy:4
Empathy:0
Expression:0
Intimidation:4
Persuasion:4
Tactics:4

Technical-
Artisan:3
Electronics:4
Rigging:4
Medicine:0
Operations:3
Research:4
Sabotage:3

Backgrounds:

Academic-Clockmaker: 6, Electrical engineering student: 5

Social-Antique Scene: 4, College Professors: 3, Library: 4

Occult-Small gang: 2, Burglary Experience: 3

Resources:

Assets-Small-time gang: "The Hands": 2

Contacts-Store-related connections: 1

Finances-Small Business(Clock shop): 3 , Van: 1

Motivations:

Obligations:
Duty 1- Ex-gang member obligation.

Merits:
Fighting Finesse
Time Sense

Flaws:
Eerie Presence
Feared by Children
Last edited by DragonChild on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Damn damn damn damn.

I have so been meaning to write up an aWoD version of Pgh-by-night, this city is chock full of stranger-than-fiction minutiae. I mean you probably already know about the missing A-Bomb in the river and the arrangement of six mirrored skyscrapers, heck you may even know about Telsa's work for Westinghouse, but even as a Catholic you're probably unaware of The largest collection of holy relics outside of The Vatican and the vast scope of the Entomology Collection at the Carnegie Museum. To say nothing of the conspiracy by the Unitarians to Purify our water

Add our downright schizoid civic outlook as "The Paris of Appalachia" or
"The World's biggest small town", where we celebrate our diversity by electing Bruce Kraus to city council but proudly display our racism in supporting the cops who assaulted Jordan Miles for WWB. We celebrate our most successful citizens as those who move away find fame elsewhere and our incredibly fractured government (Allegheny County has its own Chiefs of Police Association - not just a police association, but a CHIEFS of police association)

Then as an aWoD setting, you have to add a more literal meaning to that "hell with the lid off" quote, put in trolls to live under some of the ~846 bridges. Then there's our unique methods of repelling zombie uprisings (which go back to at least the Homestead Steel Strike) - they are so common that they would be a threat to the whole masquerade if not for people like Romero and Savini convincing folks it's all movies, special effects and street theater while simultaneously distributing The Zombie Survival Guide and encouraging people to build on such anti-zombie strategies.

Then top it all off with some creepy undertones to all the medical and transplant research. I seriously had a sleep-deprived hallucination a few weeks back where the unversity's "biomedical science tower 3" sign read "HOMICIDAL science tower :3"

but I just can't find the time to get the stuff into a coherent whole, because I am already having sleep-dep hallucinations and I have to be at work again in 6 hours.
Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I would totally be in favor of someone writing up aWoD Pittsburgh by Night. I'd slip that right into the main text, if that's alright with you.

-Username17