Lots of dieing Hobgoblins.

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

{I'm going to say that suggestion is an attack, but it's an SLA, so they don't know you attacked.

However, you still get hit, because I'm going to retroactively say that one guy made his save and none of the archers did I'll roll it for the boss. And that's also the reason the other archers didn't attack you. Also, I believe that invis helps both Isis and Flint. So... flat footed for first attack each round for you two.

Also, the way that ability works... Well, it's really a defense not a fight stopper, since your teammates will still be valid targets. I'm fine with it, just letting you know.}
Last edited by Kaelik on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
endersdouble
Journeyman

Post by endersdouble »

Kaelik wrote:I'm going to say that suggestion is an attack, but it's an SLA, so they don't know you attacked.

However, you still get hit, because that one guy made his save. And that's also the reason the other guys didn't.

Also, the way that ability works... Well, it's really a defense not a fight stopper, since your teammates will still be valid targets. I'm fine with it, just letting you know.
OK, I think of it as a defense too, honestly. And I wasn't sure if you had /rolled/ the saves. :)
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

endersdouble wrote:OK, I think of it as a defense too, honestly. And I wasn't sure if you had /rolled/ the saves. :)
I hadn't. I'm retroactively declaring it to be so to justify them not shooting at flying people. I'm sure one of them would make it, what with Warriors having good will saves and all.

Rolling separately for bossy types. Ruling dogs are immune, since fight was started when they got there.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

{Since I've stated the tactics for Aetheros, do you still want me to roll attacks for him?}
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

{Wait, do I attack again? Is this another turn or am I invisible with my first attack?}
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

"Hmph, it'll take a lot more than you to defeat Thunder Ryu!"

Ryu slashes at the hobgoblin's eyes with his bastard sword, walking backwards up the tree behind him. He then whips the kusari-gama at the hobgoblin's legs, attempting to trip and rend.

"Squirrel Clambers for Low-hanging Nuts!"

[Attack with bastard sword: 1d20+10 = 21, 1d8+2 = 3
5ft step up the tree@P15, then attack with kusari-gama: 1d20+9 = 13]

{God damn, the d20 dice roller hates my guts}
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
endersdouble
Journeyman

Post by endersdouble »

{ Who is being waited for on this turn? }
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

endersdouble wrote:{ Who is being waited for on this turn? }
Isis.

God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

Isis casts Rage on Ryu.
endersdouble
Journeyman

Post by endersdouble »

...ping, Kaelik?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Finals. temporary hiatus till the 17th.

God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

Till the 17th? What a great Birthday present.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

based on this hiatus, is there some way I can join? I'm jonesing for rp of some sort.

also if I can game rules and other similar things = where?

g'luck on finals, Kaelik.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

{Okay, so some things:

1) Isis, you didn't cast rage, because we weren't waiting on you. My bads. You had declared your double attacks on some guy. So also, do you want your attacks to be all poisony?

2) Game is starting back up some. Obviously, little delays might occur hear and there during the next few weeks.

Now, to game:

New map:
Aethroes burns a Hobgoblin Archer some. Thunder Ryu gives a quick stab to the Hobgoblin in front of him, then backs up and fails to trip the creature as it jumps nimbly over his low swing.

Flint sticks his blade in a few inches before the armor stops it, and misses with his follow up strike on retreat.

Tammi disappears with a couple of her friends, and Isis cuts into her opponent with her scimitar.

You all hear further casting from the same direction, but Tammi hears it from behind her now. (New lines on the map).

Only Tammi knows what it is:
Hold Person
Flint only:
You succeed on a will save.
The Hobgoblin Leader 5ft steps and retaliates, Kiaing both his Hobgoblin underling and Flint in front of him, from his whirling blades, swung at the end of his chain. Both corpses separate at the midsection and fall in chunks.

Then the hounds charge, and both breath fire. on Isis and Aethroes.

Finally, a volley of Fire at Aethroes finds another arrow lodged in his armor.

Meanwhile, Isis and Ryu's opponents can't seem to penetrate their defenses.

Mechanics
Isis hits with Scimitar, Hobgoblin makes save against poison.
Flint does 16 damage, just barely hitting AC.
Thunder Ryu does his 3, but his opponent missed him, so "Your Opponent is Me!" will kick in and he can murderize next round.
Aethroes lazored. Tammi flew.

Ensuing enemy round: Flint takes 48 damage, Aethroes can attempt to negate with benediction, but since by my calculations he still explodes and goes all the way to dead dead, you may want to save it, use it on anyone else this round, or wait, use it as swift to give Blindsight and still have an immediate.

Then the Hounds breath, Isis takes 3 fire damage. I also decided that you would have some kind of armor, so go pick an armor, because your hobgoblin attacker rolled exactly 12.

Aethroes takes 7 fire damage and 9 Piercing from an arrow. Let me know if you decide to use benediction on yourself.

Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

{Hey, if I run up a tree some, can I get Concealment/cover?}

"Pathetic." Ryu harrumphs as the hobgoblin's blade lodges itself in the tree. "Now, know the true power of a ninja!" He slashes again with the kusari-gama, aiming for the neck, pauses enough for a cinematic billowing of his muffler and begins running across the trees towards the boss hobgoblin.

{Kusari-gama strike with Surprise and Your Opponent Is Me online, move across trees to R16, then climb 15ft up.}

[Kusari-gama: 1d20+9 = 29 {Crit threat}, 1d20+9 = 24 {fuck year}
Damage: 2d6+36 = 42]
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Kaelik wrote:Ensuing enemy round: Flint takes 48 damage, Aethroes can attempt to negate with benediction, but since by my calculations he still explodes and goes all the way to dead dead, you may want to save it, use it on anyone else this round, or wait, use it as swift to give Blindsight and still have an immediate.

Aethroes takes 7 fire damage and 9 Piercing from an arrow. Let me know if you decide to use benediction on yourself.
{If the attack would obviously kill Flint anyways, then yeah, I'd probably have Aetheros hold back the benediction. Since he'd take the next biggest amount of damage, I would prefer for him to use it on himself.}
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

{Well, you wouldn't know if it would kill him until after you made the choice, but yeah, in that case, you end with +1 temp HP, because +2 ac causes the arrow to miss.}

Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

{Question: Should I start designing a new character, or should we expect resurrection effects to show up at this level?}
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

{Do you want a new character? I'm cool with just pretending he rolled exactly one less damage than your HP -10 on that attack, and you are really good at stablizing. I was kinda hoping that after you survived the first one someone might want to help out against the burst damage boss monster. One the plus side, you guys have almost worn him down. He's only got one more automatic X4 crit left in him.}

Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

{I'd prefer to keep my current character.}
endersdouble
Journeyman

Post by endersdouble »

Ugh. Due to foreign travel, I will have very limited internet access for the next two weeks. To keep the game moving, I would like to delegate Quantumboost (whom I know IRL) full authority to play Tammi, if that's OK with you, Kaelik.

Make me proud, QB. Which means disgust your local priest or moral authority. ;)
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Tammi flies over nearer the group of archers and summons an opaque cloud, snickering the whole time.

[

Fly to N10, minimum height needed to get the obscuring mist on the ground, and use Obscuring Mist. I presume this isn't an attack, so Tammi wouldn't have to re-use the ring's power again?

]
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

{It lives? If so, further clarification. Aetheros shoots whichever dude is closest and cheeses it towards the trees.}
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Please be very specific. I make those maps for a reason. Declare the grid coordinates of your opponent and of your move.

EDIT: Obscuring mist definitely not attack.
Last edited by Kaelik on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

{I think I'm at S10.
There's something red nearby at P12, another at Q13, but there's something orange in the way. There's something blue at T14, next to what is probably a tree. zap that, then go right one square and north for as many as I can to reduce my appeal as a x4 crit target. Use trees as cover if at all possible. Try climbing one next turn.}