Quasighostly Demonic Mutant Armored Polar Bear Nobles

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Quasighostly Demonic Mutant Armored Polar Bear Nobles

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

So Akula and I are discussing his PC for the module I am working on. As we look at various mechanical options, the character transforms from a bland knight to an elderly traveling mercenary vampire who was honorable, if kind of a jerk prone to transforming mortally wounded friends into undead with one of his fell powers without asking first. After finding a frozen plane he rather liked, he teamed up with one of the sentient polar bears (Named Ursa Arcanius, of course. He's a Duke.) that were apparently a major race and they had many adventures together. Then the bear was hurt enough to requisite transformation into a swordwraith. And learned to channel some of the necromantic power that infused him to grow new arms onto his body of ectoplasm and gain the ability to vomit acidic tainted ectoplasm at his foes (a level of Fiendish Brute added onto the Awakened Polar Bear).

Character optimization is awesome.
mean_liar
Duke

Post by mean_liar »

It definitely makes for some badasses.

My favorite is the man-beast that escapes Baphomet's breeding pits. :)
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

The other probable player is too lazy to learn the Tome rules and asked me to make his character for him. I'm making a straight Barbarian named Butch Manslab.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:The other probable player is too lazy to learn the Tome rules and asked me to make his character for him. I'm making a straight Barbarian named Butch Manslab.
It either needs to be Butch the Manslab or Manslab the Butch!
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Possibly. Or I leave it as it is and imply that there is an entire Manslab family. Since one PC has superbear companion, Butch might be accompanied by his brother, Gerald Manslab. His axe could be a prized family heirloom, wrested from the Demon Lord Beefington in ages past and further enhanced by generations of Manslab artificers.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Working on a PrC used by some characters in the module, and since I'm going to be switching computers before too long, I'm putting down my work so far.

EDIT: outdated, class is at http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=50617 now.
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.