Name Changing

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

Thank you so much!

You really don't get enough accolades for keeping this place running.
The Lunatic Fringe
Journeyman

So...

Post by The Lunatic Fringe »

Having read more aout my namesake, Tiberius Claudius Narcissus, I can say that:
-Simon Scarrow's portrayal of him is a bit off
-he is an asshole.

As such, I would like to change my name, how is that done?
Last edited by The Lunatic Fringe on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

You have to go through the following steps:

1) You tell me what you want it to be
2) You wait patiently for me to find the 30 seconds or so necessary to make the change
3) You heap praise upon me ;)
4) ...
5) Profit!
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

You're all set, poster-formerly-known-as-Narcissus.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
The Lunatic Fringe
Journeyman

Post by The Lunatic Fringe »

Praise be to his name!
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

[admin voice]
I merged the "So..." thread into this one to keep things a little neater.

--Z
[/admin voice]
erik
King

Post by erik »

I reckon I would like to change my name to clik. erik.

I only used clikml since wotc or some other board required more than 4 chars and I wanted to remain consistent. Nowadays this is my only board left where I am still clikml instead of clik (and sometimes Erik) so not much point in remaining in my longer name format. =-)

thanks in advance

[edit! how about just "erik" instead. With my sudden revelation that "clik" is a black gay men's magazine, I'd hate to lead people on accidentally]
Last edited by erik on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

clikml wrote:I reckon I would like to change my name to clik.
You really want to be a four letter word? :tonguesmilie:

Yes I suppose we can let you into the club. :thumb:
erik
King

Post by erik »

tzor wrote:
clikml wrote:I reckon I would like to change my name to clik.
You really want to be a four letter word? :tonguesmilie:

Yes I suppose we can let you into the club. :thumb:
Heh, I think my joke-title for april fool's day oh so long ago at nifty was something to the effect of "how do I pronounce this name?". It never occurred to me until then that my name was just said click-em-el. ('clik' spawned from a horrible misreading of 'erik' once upon a time, 'M' for my middle initial and 'L' for my last initial).

You'd never imagine how many incredibly clever people would decide to spell my name as "clit" back when I used to addictively chat on yahoo chat rooms. Surprisingly "click" irritates me more then that though, just like the folks who misspell Erik. *grumble*grumble*

I think I just found a more... vexing misuse of my internet name on google as the top image hit for clik. Wow.
Sumbitch. That didn't exist 12 years ago when I started using this name!

Yaknowwat? Fuckit. I'll just be erik. (editing earlier post)
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

I remember my first (and only) Island of Kesmai convention in Disney (before I started going to the British Legends get togethers in Manhatten). I heard my handle for the first time. I never thought people were prouncing it like "sizzor" (tee-sore) since I always envisioned the t silent (sore).
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

I always pronounced it like it was Japanese tsu or Russian cz.

-Crissa
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

erik wrote:I reckon I would like to change my name to clik. erik.
Done. :thumb:
You can't fix stupid.

erik
King

Post by erik »

Yay!
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

Would it be possible to change my name back to Calibron(too cut off from the internet during the board shift to migrate over properly)? A while back I realized Caliborn is likely to be interpreted as California Born, which is simply not the case. I also very recently realized I don't like being referred to as Caliborn simply because I don't like the way it "sounds" in my head.

Thanks.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Calibron: I don't think I noticed until I read the post that your name had changed. I just recognized it and left it alone. I've always been saying Calibron in my head...
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

I'm glad, but a lot of people, newbies and otherwise, have been calling/referring to me as Caliborn; that's why I added that little bolded request to my signature.
Doom
Duke

Post by Doom »

Any chance I could get my name changed to 'Doom'?

Whoever has that name doesn't seem to use it, and I only use this as a backup.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Cynic wrote:Calibron: I don't think I noticed until I read the post that your name had changed. I just recognized it and left it alone. I've always been saying Calibron in my head...
That's funny. I had to read the name and the request about three times to catch the difference.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Caliborn wrote:Would it be possible to change my name back to Calibron(too cut off from the internet during the board shift to migrate over properly)? A while back I realized Caliborn is likely to be interpreted as California Born, which is simply not the case. I also very recently realized I don't like being referred to as Caliborn simply because I don't like the way it "sounds" in my head.

Thanks.
After poking a bit, I've verified you definitely have two accounts -- Calibron, which was never activated, and this one. I don't have a tool that merges accounts, so to accomplish this name change I'd have to do something like the following:

A) Change the name on the inactive account to something else (for example, calibronX)
B) Then change your name on this account to Calibron.

I don't see a problem with that. Just wanted to make sure it was clear that the two wouldn't be merged. If you're good with this, I'll make the change.
You can't fix stupid.

Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Doom314 wrote:Any chance I could get my name changed to 'Doom'?

Whoever has that name doesn't seem to use it, and I only use this as a backup.
I'm not seeing another user named Doom in the system. Can you tell me what lead you to believe one existed?
You can't fix stupid.

Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

That's fine with me, thank you very much, Zherog. Do I just start signing in as Calibron with the same password after you've so graciously made the change?
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Yep, exactly. All I'm going to do is change the spelling of the name attached to your current account.

edit: and the change should be completed.
Last edited by Zherog on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't fix stupid.

Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

Okay, so where exactly should I leave this heap of praise?
Doom
Duke

Post by Doom »

Zherog wrote:You have to go through the following steps:

2) You wait patiently for me to find the 30 seconds or so necessary to make the change
4) ...
5) Profit!
Oh mighty name-changer, can I get my name changed to 'Doom' please? Apparently someone already has it, but has never used it lo these many months I've been here.

Thanks so kindly!
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Doom314 wrote:
Zherog wrote:You have to go through the following steps:

4) ...
5) Profit!
Oh mighty name-changer, can I get my name changed to 'Doom' please? Apparently someone already has it, but has never used it lo these many months I've been here.

Thanks so kindly!
Doom: Zherog already posted above saying he doesn't see a Doom

Code: Select all

DonFerren	   	Little Rock, AR	27 May 2008	0	  
 226 	  	Doom314	   	Baton Rouge	10 Nov 2008	296	  
 227 	  	doorwaysimbar	   	 	07 Mar 2008	0	  
Here is the one above your name and the one below your name. I don't see a doom either.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.