Filter request.

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Neeek
Knight-Baron

Filter request.

Post by Neeek »

FrankTrollman at [unixtime wrote:1112253764[/unixtime]]

metamagic ner[EDITED]e,

Is there any chance we could get the edited part of this removed from the filter, and just agree to respect each other's sexual choices or something? Unless it actually become a problem for some reason, I mean.
MrWaeseL
Duke

Re: Filter request.

Post by MrWaeseL »

I respect british people's choice to smoke :P
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

That's pretty funny, actually... :D

Is there a way to make it ignore what's inside a word? So if somebody types the insult, the filters kick in, but if somebody types nerfage, the filters leave it alone?
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

That's a pretty stupid substring to filter in the first plage - I mean it limits our ability to talk about characters from Oliver Twist and the words coined after them.

Likewise, we run into problems discussing certain families of beech trees, bassoon players, or kindling - all of which are among our favorite subjects on this board.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]

I will try to see if I can get the filter to only filter out the word when it is by itself. If I can't, and the will of the people is that it should not be in the filter, then that is fine with me. It was only there in the first place because it had become a problem on another message board I frequent.

Fair warning: If the word starts being tossed around, it goes back into the filter.

[/The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

nerfage.

[EDITED]

Game On,
fbmf