Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

PhoneLobster
King

Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Post by PhoneLobster »

I'm getting sick of moronic "Lulz I wuz Trolling U!" posters.

I've had a few posters declare this to me.

I've seen others being told similar things.

I've seen the dreaded "Laugh Or Cry" thread closed down forever because it got flooded with such declarations in regards to other boards.

And I've seen the latest mess with the unpleasant picture spamming connected directly to a "lulz I wuz Trolling the whole board" admission.

Now I for one am against the idea of banning "Troll Like Behavior" or whatever the way many forums do. I mean we just plain can't decide for ourselves if someone is just a dick deliberately disrupting conversation and the boards.

But when they themselves tell us they are then it's an iron clad case and there should be some sort of retribution from moderation. Maybe even the god damn ban hammer.

We have more than enough real angry disagreements, we don't need idiots manufacturing fake ones "for lulz".
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[The Great fence Builder Speaks]

Report the "I was trolling you on purpose" post, and it will be dealt with. Just because there isn't a public flogging doesn't mean there isn't a flogging.

[/TGFBS]
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

I will keep it in mind in future. For now doing so would feel too much like some sort of retroactive ruling by proxy for my tastes.

Thanks.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

PhoneLobster wrote:I will keep it in mind in future. For now doing so would feel too much like some sort of retroactive ruling by proxy for my tastes.

Thanks.
Explain, please. By PM if that is more comfortable.

Game on,
fbmf
Last edited by fbmf on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.