The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
HTML code in posts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deesix
NPC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: HTML code in posts Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems that no matter what I do, I cannot get HTML codes to work. Apparently it is enabled by administrators for people on a case for case basis, or something like that. I'm trying to use the Power Cards for a homebrew Ranger class created on a website, which look nice and work well.

Copy/pasting would involve either the powers looking like poop, or tedious editing of the individual powers (which are going to number very high eventually), which I simply will not do.

I'd like to request to have HTML enabled for me, or whatever it is that needs to be done.
Koumei
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the problem is this board uses BBCode and not HTML, so you're simply SOL there :/
Deesix
NPC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn. Well, according to the FAQ it can be enabled by Admins. If this is impossible, I should probably just delete my thread. I don't have the time to individually edit powers like that.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What tags are being used in the HTML? If they're fairly simple and have corresponding board tags, you might be able to do a mass search-and-replace. Turning "<a href=" to "[url=" and the like.

It probably wouldn't be *as* pretty, but eh.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We won't be enabling HTML due to the potential security issues that could raise. Sorry.

Quantum is correct that converting codes isn't too terribly difficult.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Crissa
King

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I'm really pressed, I'll just embed a PDF as an image.

-Crissa
Murtak
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Odds are there is a HTML to BB code converter out there. Alternatively, if all you are looking for is some simple tag replacement a small Ruby/Python/Perl script should do it if find/replace doesn't. Of course if you wanted HTML for CSS styling or something like that you are out of luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: